Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 12:35 PM

9 posts, read 16,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Sounds like you have a pretty good plan.

The Wiregrass is a great part of the state in my opinion. If possible, you may want to find a short-term rental when you first get down here to get a better feel of the area before you commit your whole life savings to a particular property. It's a seller's market right now, so everybody seems to be asking top dollar.

I missed your concern about tornadoes. We do get them, but I don't think it's serious enough of a concern to deter a move. North Alabama is much more prone to strong tornadoes than the southern part of the state. Dothan was hit pretty hard by Hurricane Michael(?), or was it Matthew? - the one that tore up Panama City a couple of years ago. It followed US 231 inland and did some serious damage.

Best of luck to you!
Thank you and where we are coming from, Tornadoes are a way of life there too! We will search for a rental at first, I believe. We hate to throw away the money but it might be a good idea. We are hoping to find something pretty quick and if we do buy immediately and don't like it, we can always return to Ohio to visit, and within hours we are reminded why we left!!!!!! It works every time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama