Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 04:43 PM

1,618 posts, read 4,789,744 times
Quote:
Soul Burger in Huntsville makes a mean burger. Miss Kathy (the owner) makes everyone feel welcome.
I second the recommendation for Soul Burger. That little place is an experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 09:09 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
See, I had In and Out in San Diego. Wasn't impressed.
In n Out is the best chain burger I've had.
But there given that Bham has a plethora of non-chain places, I don't wish it to invade.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:47 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
I notice when I travel through the northern half of the state I see Jack's restaurants everywhere while they are nonexistent down here in the southern half. I stopped and ate a chicken sandwich at one somewhere near Ft Payne, but I have never tried the burgers. Are they any good?

Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I notice when I travel through the northern half of the state I see Jack's restaurants everywhere while they are nonexistent down here in the southern half. I stopped and ate a chicken sandwich at one somewhere near Ft Payne, but I have never tried the burgers. Are they any good?
Jacks Burgers are actually pretty good for a chain, and their fries are really good. But if I had to go with the local operation, I'd go with either Milo's or Hamburger Heaven. Or Lloyd's out on 280.

As far as Milo's goes, there is no neutrality about them because of their sauce. Either you love them or you hate them. No in between.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:29 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Quote:
Not really, but it's kinda like Krystal....sometimes you've just GOT to have one.
I do like their bacon cheeseburgers.
Any opinions on Hardee's big burgers?

Old 02-14-2009, 05:54 AM

561 posts, read 1,512,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.kerouacbellows View Post
My wife and I live in Birmingham, AL... We have friends in other states who have visited various restaurants where they serve "giant hamburgers". You know the ones... the burgers that are made from a whole cow, with enough cheese and condiments to feed a small village for weeks. The type of burger that one or two people can barely handle - if at all.

Help!

Anyway, we are looking for a place in the area that has that; the type of place you may see on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It doesn't need to be in Birmingham - we are willing to make it a day trip. Pretty much within a three hour radius of Birmingham or so.

In fact, we would just like recommendations for any great burger place...

Help!

I have found THE place for YOU!! This is for real! It's a place called "Randy's" in Trenton, GA. Yes, Georgia -- well within your driving limit of 3 hours.

Head north on I-59 from Birmingham towards Chattanooga - a nice drive! Cross into Georgia and exit at Trenton, I think it's the third exit --same exit as Krystals. Turn left at the light at end of ramp. Go about 1 mile, maybe less (pass Food Lion on right hand side), go up hill and you will see Randy's on the left hand side, white building.

Now about the hamburger: Randy's burgers come in 5-oz; 8-oz; 10-oz (which is actually 2-5oz patties; 24-oz; and 48-oz sizes. The 8-oz is plenty big! But I saw the 24-oz pass by our table -- OMG!-- and there were four of them!!! I can't even imagine what the 48-oz looks like!!!! The 8-oz burger was terrific, comes with all the trimmings! We got two of the 8 oz cheeseburger combos, which includes fries and re-fill drinks AND two hot-fudge sundaes -- the ticket was less than $20! What a deal!!! Without doubt we WILL go back!!! Randy's offers more than hamburgers, too--steaks, chicken, pizza, lunch buffet, and ice cream desserts. Don't know about dinner selections, was there for lunch; but I can honestly say you WILL NOT go away hungry.

So if you really want a REALLY OMG BIG tasty burger, then take a drive to Trenton, Georgia. Oh, BTW, all restaurants in Georgia are non-smoking, but they have tables outside that I assume smoker's can use--though the weather is still a little cool. It's a nice drive that will take you past the Gadsden and Ft. Payne areas. If you go, please let us know how you enjoyed it!

Old 02-14-2009, 07:58 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
There's some great place in Gadsden right off the interstate, but I can't remember the name. Great Onion Rings.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:33 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
thank you,ynot

When I finally move to the Fort Payne area, I will check it out.

We did drive around in Trenton when I was last down to Fort Payne in Nov of 07.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:51 AM

111 posts, read 257,624 times
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Five Guys. The Birmingham location is at the Brookwood Mall, in the outparcel across from Jason's Deli. You can see it from the road. It's a chain that started in the DC area and has only recently begun expanding.

Here's are a couple of pictures.

Well, now I know what I'm doing for lunch today.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:29 AM

807 posts, read 2,515,798 times
Quote:
Those Jack's restaurants are all over the place over there. My wife and I have wanted to try Jack's,but we didn't know if they were any good. Maybe we will give them a shot now.

That Five Guys burger looks awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama