Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2006, 02:34 PM

13 posts, read 33,912 times

Advertisements

My husband has an opportunity to relocate to Alabama from Massachusetts. We went out for a short visit to the Birmingham area. I thought it was very busy. We are still looking for that small hometown feel, with good golfing and a nice scenic area . We also drove rt. 20 to Ga. My husband will be doing business in Ga and the Birmingham area. How is the area by the National Park? Any recommendations for towns in this area. We looked a bit at Trussville but the main roads were very busy. How is the weather? tornadoes?? Do you experience the beautiful fall folliage like the northeast? What is the real estate like? We noticed lots of brick homes. Does this have something to do with the weather? Sorry for all the questions but it was hard to get a feel for the area in a few short days. Really need some good advice. THANKS!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2006, 06:20 PM

44 posts, read 230,060 times
Down here we can afford brick houses because the cost of living is so much lower. Huntsville is the number one most affordable metro in the US and Birmingham was the second most affordable this year. What you pay in rent up there we own down here. Yeah leaves change color here too, especially in the higher elevations.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the info!!

Old 07-02-2006, 09:04 AM

What town would you recommend between Birmingham and Atlanta? Oxford sounds nice?? Any more information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Old 07-03-2006, 10:20 AM

12 posts, read 55,761 times
Oxford is midway between Birmingham and Atlanta. Cider Ridge sub is in the foothills with spectacular views. Take a look and email me if you are interested. We just took control of the lots in the sub and are looking to start selling. I think you will like it.
Adrian

Old 07-04-2006, 10:08 AM

Is there a website to look at new development in this area?? I did look on the town website. thanks

Old 07-05-2006, 09:43 AM

121 posts, read 330,312 times
I think you should know that we don't have fall foilage like in the northeast. You see some color change, but not that much comparatively. It usually stays pretty warm until January. You literally have to keep your short pants in your closet until January. We have had many a December that has been warm. You won't need the heavy clothes you probably have for Massachusetts. Bring a few sweaters and a light coat and you should be fine.

As far as golf goes.....I don't play, but apparently the Robert Trent Jones golf trail is one of the best in the world. Be sure to get a Trail Card!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama