Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 02:15 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times

Advertisements

Well it's been snowing and blowing all night! Hard to tell how much exactly, but the cars have drifts up to the top of them and the driveway is a foot deep where it's flat.

So headed out to fire up the snow plow and get to work! Will take a few photos of the drifts out there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 02:26 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
That's The ALASKA We all know & Love ! Let it blow let it snow HO HO HO !!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:33 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,922 times
I got about 12+ inches here on the East Side of Anchorage, that's all since yesterday at noon.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:56 PM

305 posts, read 683,222 times
Ventured into town this afternoon and, holy moly, does everyone wait until the last minute to do their Christmas shopping these days? Made it out of Safeway with $98 worth of goods, broke the eggs as soon as I walked into the kitchen by dropping the bag, but otherwise feel Christmas dinner will be sufficient for those of us sharing - nice little quarter-cut ham, broccoli, salad, mashed and gravy, and six lone deviled eggs. Mebeso a pumpkin pie to go with the last dab of ice cream. Snowed a couple of inches overnight, but cleaned that up today and even made a path through the garden beds. One string of lights to celebrate by when the switch is thrown, and here's to wishing all a very merry holiday weekend. Be safe as you celebrate.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:03 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
We got between 6" and 8" out by Settler's Bay. No wind to speak. I was messy driving, but otherwise a nice day.

Shopping was a pain. There was not a single space open at Fred Meyers in Wasilla, and Carrs/Safeway was also packed.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:09 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
We got between 6" and 8" out by Settler's Bay. No wind to speak. I was messy driving, but otherwise a nice day.

Shopping was a pain. There was not a single space open at Fred Meyers in Wasilla, and Carrs/Safeway was also packed.
well...passasffrttt..just kidding ..lucky you ..you have a white Christmas..an some of us would love snow for snowmachening..snowshoeing..etc...enjoy the snow my friends!

Old 12-23-2011, 07:14 PM

Well got done plowing/shoveling a bit ago, the drifts were varied accross the parking/driveway area, from blown clear to waste high. I would guess we got somewhere around 6 to 8 inches, but mostly from sideways winds!

Took some photos of the smaller drifts on the cars, will post them after a soak in the tub!

Old 12-23-2011, 07:37 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,288,511 times
NOAA says we got ten inches today. Life goes on as usual...

Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,660,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Well it's been snowing and blowing all night! Hard to tell how much exactly, but the cars have drifts up to the top of them and the driveway is a foot deep where it's flat.

So headed out to fire up the snow plow and get to work! Will take a few photos of the drifts out there!
Yes, please post some pics (anyone up there). I never thought I'd say this, but it would be nice to see some snow for Christmas. Its brown and in the 40s this weekend in southern Minnesota. Their saying its supposed to "warm up" after new years, so at this rate I'm not sure well get any snow this winter.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:04 PM

Forecasters said it was suppose to be six to eight inches... I think they were off a bit...

Anyway, got to plowing! I really enjoy doing that! Especially at night when it is dark and the headlights light up the snow getting rid of the flat light on overcast days! But today, it was a flat light and hard to see in.

Not a lot of snow per say, but we haven't had a lot over this last few years, but this is a big one for this year! Should be able to get to the Cabin on the snowmachines shortly.

Blue Ford is my commuter car, the brown one is my daughter's KIA.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska