Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 03:32 PM

9 posts, read 12,202 times

Advertisements

How about Canada just takes over Alaska and you dont have to worry about driving there anymore. And how does Canada owe anything to the states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 03:48 PM

941 posts, read 1,792,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowstoneDate View Post
Since my background has been doing ideas in Movies, Television, Music, Computers & Corporations for about 50 years.

I wonder why he thinks people will believe his bull pucks have any factual information in them. The closest he's ever been to movies was reading the price on the ticket booth. As for the rest of the list he may have watched TV and obviously has a computer but neither have ever suffered from any of his ideas. He might better go to Texas and practice cow patty throwing which he could probably succeed at. At least with Texas as the target he wouldn't be able to miss the target.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:05 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
What a strange idea. What have the Canadians ever done to us? Well, not counting Celine Dion.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:31 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
What does everyone think of this idea next to Alaska? Make Yukon & British Columbia part of the United States. Connecting with Alaska to the lower 48 states.
Yes I'm sure most people in Vancouver wouldn't mind at all.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:43 PM

2,674 posts, read 2,625,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Yes I'm sure most people in Vancouver wouldn't mind at all.
Maybe if we don't make a big deal about it they won't notice

Old 09-07-2013, 05:57 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,785,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It would be sad to think that canada would have to condecend to such a reduced value of their people and land to be joined to this curent mess.

Spell checker is your friend, but I didn't mean that to be condescending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledguy View Post
How about Canada just takes over Alaska and you dont have to worry about driving there anymore. And how does Canada owe anything to the states.
How about Canada keeps the Yukon and BC, and we keep Alaska. Driving through Canada while heading to Alaska has never been an issue for anyone doing it. Besides, it's nice to have real beer and OTC codeine close by if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
What a strange idea. What have the Canadians ever done to us? Well, not counting Celine Dion.
You just made the theme to Titanic start up again... this is war!

Old 09-07-2013, 08:13 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,517,187 times
Quote:
You are forgetting Justin Bieber...

--

If Eastern Canada secedes and becomes its OWN Country - which is far more likely than the US doing a hostile takeover of Western Canada. It is possible some of the Western areas of Canada may actually want to become part of the US. Personally, I don't have enough knowledge to form my own opinion at the moment. I remember reading something about eastern Canadian provinces wanting to secede and a possible domino affect it might have on the remaining areas.

Of course, this has nothing to do with making it easier on Americans to get from point A to point AK. Which as stated, other than having to ship handguns and paying more for fuel, really isn't an issue anyways.
--

Old 09-07-2013, 08:50 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,119,402 times
Quote:
[b]Since my background has been doing ideas in Movies, Television, Music, Computers & Corporations for about 50 years.
Could you show us your "Ideas" that are actually movies, TV shows, Music, and computers with your actual name the credits?

Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 PM

2,674 posts, read 2,625,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
You are forgetting Justin Bieber...

--

If Eastern Canada secedes and becomes its OWN Country - which is far more likely than the US doing a hostile takeover of Western Canada. It is possible some of the Western areas of Canada may actually want to become part of the US. Personally, I don't have enough knowledge to form my own opinion at the moment. I remember reading something about eastern Canadian provinces wanting to secede and a possible domino affect it might have on the remaining areas.

Of course, this has nothing to do with making it easier on Americans to get from point A to point AK. Which as stated, other than having to ship handguns and paying more for fuel, really isn't an issue anyways.
--
Quebec has had a couple of secession votes in recent decades (last one was 1995, it was something like 50.5% stay, 49.5% leave Canada).

Quebec referendum, 1995 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There was speculation on what the other provinces would do if Quebec set out on its own.

It's surprising to me that that many people in Quebec are / were in favor of secession. But I haven't heard of any other province having a meaningful percentage of the population in favor of leaving Canada. Though other provinces might get fed up and be in favor of Quebec secession

Old 09-07-2013, 09:37 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,594,265 times
Quote:
Don't forget about Bieber!

It would be nice to no longer need a passport to make the drive. When I was younger there was no need for a passport to Canada or Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska