Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 02:38 PM

186 posts, read 409,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
That's evident with the chip ahoy choice Personally, I'd bring oreos.

it was more out of scarcasim i was overall saying that we are prepared and got everything and will win this adventure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 02:56 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone traveler View Post
no im gonna put them on a rope attached to two trees and let the air dry them i mean cmon its only October

in the bags me and me mates have onsomballed living supplies that you would find at your local market

also books, guns,pepper spray, chips ahoy...alot of random items

me and me mates dont joke around
I didn't know that it doesn't rain or get cold in October. You're going to be bringing 70 degree weather with you I take it?

I didn't see any official "Cans of Crops" or any thing that looks like them. You can't come up here without being official you know. Didn't see anything that looked like a gun case either.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:09 PM

171 posts, read 622,124 times
Default When I first read this, I just thought this guy...

Quote:
well if i were to move my jump to about 100 miles north of the original drop point would i end up in the thick woods i so hope for

me and me mates plan on being miles from anything...i mean we want to be so isolated no one could ever find us and if we wanted we could build our own city

me and me mates are thriving for absolute wilderness, we want to kill a grizzly, catch a fresh salmon and build a legit cabin in these two weeks those are some of the goals

money isnt an issue since im a entrapanuer from NYC i just want to live life and see the fresh air
was a world class moron. Now I seriously think this is just a "put on".

Old 09-04-2008, 03:36 PM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
856 posts, read 2,921,747 times
Quote:
all of our gear is in our storage in our airplane hanger in New Jersey.... i got alot of stuff at me loft also
Well I did ask for a picture of the gear in the skyloft so that would be appreciated. I was also wondering where the bear urine is I harvest my own by milking them it's fairly easy. I would like to double blind test mine vs. yours.

ty

Old 09-04-2008, 03:43 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BovinaCowHateWindTurbines View Post
Well I did ask for a picture of the gear in the skyloft so that would be appreciated. I was also wondering where the bear urine is I harvest my own by milking them it's fairly easy. I would like to double blind test mine vs. yours.

ty

Old 09-04-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
was a world class moron. Now I seriously think this is just a "put on".
I am not so sure he has a lot of gear and seems to know what he is talking about. So far I think he is REALLY going to do this. Anyway I took off October 3rd. So I can follow the adventure...

Old 09-04-2008, 04:03 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
I think his N# on the wheel chock does not match the plane... and if does a weight and balance with fuel, three guys, that gear, and then crops- they aren't going to get very far off the ground....

Old 09-04-2008, 04:14 PM

I think more re-fueling stops might be needed which can be done no problem. One last re-fuel to make it between route 2 and 4 on Kodiak Island is very do able. This whole thread wants me to give up the relatively warm winter weather here in the Catskills and move to Alaska the last frontier.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
Lone Traveler, Where in New Jersy is the airport? Show us a picture of your plane and the rest of your gear, including the crops.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:09 PM

186 posts, read 409,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Lone Traveler, Where in New Jersy is the airport? Show us a picture of your plane and the rest of your gear, including the crops.

im not about to start taking pics of everything yall are gonna have to believe me....the airport is a small airport in northern nj near elizabeth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska