Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:10 PM

273 posts, read 588,582 times

Advertisements

Well alrighty then I'm annoyed so stand back here goes:

My stupid sister-in-law hooked up with this guy from down south---he told us Texas...
she has been with him about a year now----at first I thought he was okay, but I changed my mind pretty quickly as he was always grabbing my (can I say ass on here?) and calling me sweetie and darling with a real irritating southern twang. Made my skin crawl.

So by and by she "marries" him...announces it to the whole family....but turns out that they just did some ceremony on the sidewalk, officiated by some guy piloting a passing crab boat.
So this has been going on a year. The guy shows up at our house for holidays, he's all handsy, won't leave me alone, but she's over the moon happy so we tolerate it.
Well this weekend they were at a bar and K'town's finest was doing license checks and GUESS WHAT FOLKS....Mr. Creepy was wanted on an extraditable warrant from Georgia. So now he's in jail and two marshalls from south came up and she keeps babbling about some story how he was in Georgia...babysitting?...and he got in a fight with some guy who turned
out to be the sherriff's brother or something.....WHATEVER. I say it was probably something more sinister than that wherein he was harrassing women, grabbing their asses and calling them baby and sweetie and probably much more. Because, c'mon, are two marshalls gonna come all the way up here over some ten year old fight? I think not. I'd google him but he's got a very common name, which I always thought was suspicious, but turns out its his real name.
But I digress. MY POINT IS we get so many creeps here. They just show up. Especially in southeast because they can just hop the ferry without crossing borders and then they land here and run out of money and we're stuck with them.

I wish people would stop talking about Alaska being the land of milk and honey and the Discovery Channel would lay off us a little bit because we're attracting wackos like flies. It's fine and dandy if people want to move up, I'm usually really nice about it, but hey can we stop encouraging this influx of people running away from trouble? Sheesh, if they're worried about crossing the border for the Love of God let's stop encouraging them. We have ENOUGH people living in campers and tents in the
woods--my church can't even keep up with the sleeping bag requests and we're passing out a good fifty pounds of fire starter each week.
And before anybody goes off on me: I don't think the wackos are checking the community boards before they move. Generally the ones on the boards are thinking people who have jobs. We could all point out examples of nice people on this board who moved up and we're happy for them

It's the ones who have no skills, have run out of options, that come up here thinking they're going to blend in but actually end up sleeping in bus shelters or the woods or living with my idiot sister in law that I'm talking about. They're everywhere and I'm sick of it.
Okay, end of rant......where's Metla? I need Metla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 01:33 PM

5,478 posts, read 12,258,751 times
Alot of material for some pretty good book writing. Geez.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:50 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,948,202 times
Wrennie rants real good, don't she!

Old 08-12-2008, 02:03 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,049,701 times
I like it. Made me laugh.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:04 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,808,130 times
I for one can appreciate what she is trying to say. But the problem she is describing isn't just limited to Alaska, it is everywhere. It is just more magnafied here because of our low population.
Contrary to popular belief, you cannot "get lost and disappear" in Alaska anymore.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:29 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,923,706 times
"......but turns out that they just did some ceremony on the sidewalk, officiated by some guy piloting a passing crab boat."

Old 08-12-2008, 02:34 PM

5,478 posts, read 12,258,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
I for one can appreciate what she is trying to say. But the problem she is describing isn't just limited to Alaska, it is everywhere. It is just more magnafied here because of our low population.
Contrary to popular belief, you cannot "get lost and disappear" in Alaska anymore.
That's exactly what I was thinking, Danny. I could come up with all sorts of variations on wrennie's theme. Just watch the news. Better yet, don't.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:59 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,450,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrennie View Post
Well alrighty then I'm annoyed so stand back here goes:

My stupid sister-in-law hooked up with this guy from down south---he told us Texas...
she has been with him about a year now----at first I thought he was okay, but I changed my mind pretty quickly as he was always grabbing my (can I say ass on here?) and calling me sweetie and darling with a real irritating southern twang. Made my skin crawl.

So by and by she "marries" him...announces it to the whole family....but turns out that they just did some ceremony on the sidewalk, officiated by some guy piloting a passing crab boat.
So this has been going on a year. The guy shows up at our house for holidays, he's all handsy, won't leave me alone, but she's over the moon happy so we tolerate it.
Well this weekend they were at a bar and K'town's finest was doing license checks and GUESS WHAT FOLKS....Mr. Creepy was wanted on an extraditable warrant from Georgia. So now he's in jail and two marshalls from south came up and she keeps babbling about some story how he was in Georgia...babysitting?...and he got in a fight with some guy who turned
out to be the sherriff's brother or something.....WHATEVER. I say it was probably something more sinister than that wherein he was harrassing women, grabbing their asses and calling them baby and sweetie and probably much more. Because, c'mon, are two marshalls gonna come all the way up here over some ten year old fight? I think not. I'd google him but he's got a very common name, which I always thought was suspicious, but turns out its his real name.
But I digress. MY POINT IS we get so many creeps here. They just show up. Especially in southeast because they can just hop the ferry without crossing borders and then they land here and run out of money and we're stuck with them.

I wish people would stop talking about Alaska being the land of milk and honey and the Discovery Channel would lay off us a little bit because we're attracting wackos like flies. It's fine and dandy if people want to move up, I'm usually really nice about it, but hey can we stop encouraging this influx of people running away from trouble? Sheesh, if they're worried about crossing the border for the Love of God let's stop encouraging them. We have ENOUGH people living in campers and tents in the
woods--my church can't even keep up with the sleeping bag requests and we're passing out a good fifty pounds of fire starter each week.
And before anybody goes off on me: I don't think the wackos are checking the community boards before they move. Generally the ones on the boards are thinking people who have jobs. We could all point out examples of nice people on this board who moved up and we're happy for them

It's the ones who have no skills, have run out of options, that come up here thinking they're going to blend in but actually end up sleeping in bus shelters or the woods or living with my idiot sister in law that I'm talking about. They're everywhere and I'm sick of it.
Okay, end of rant......where's Metla? I need Metla.
I understand what you're saying but in all honesty, NO way should this guy have been touching you / pinching you etc., with nothing said just to keep the peace. It would have been better to have given him a good warning and then next time smacked the hell out of him! Unfortunately there are creeps like that all over.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 08-12-2008 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: add

Old 08-12-2008, 03:10 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,872,666 times
Wrennie - I agree with that we seem to have way too many weirdos running from something. What gets me, and I realize it looks worse because of lack of population, but the sex offender lists for this unpopulated area to me seems extreme, just the registered mind you. Is there something protecting them here, or they think maybe there is? I don't understand the draw to Alaska. Another thought with this is when bringing a child through Canada into Alaska, we were checked as was my granddaughter and all was good, but what about people on the ferries with kids?? are they checked???

Old 08-12-2008, 03:13 PM

250 posts, read 336,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
I like it. Made me laugh.
Me too, especially the butt-grabbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: