Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:51 PM

823 posts, read 1,732,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
ROTFLMAO !! The same fellows now raising questions about Begich's dealings were finding reasons to wash away Stevens' sins soon after he was convicted as a felon not long ago. What a fine passel of jokers!
Not the case if we could have got him into office it would have given an opportunity for a special election where we could have put somebody up against him. Hopefully, better than the choice we had in the primary. I don't really think anybody agrees with what he has done. I don't believe there was a doubt that he wouldn't have had to step down at some point, it wouldn't have been good for Alaska having him there. The verdict is still out on Begich and I think we will see his true agenda, (whatever it may be) in the coming year, the people have spoken and for some reason you keep spewing your rhetoric. What are you angry about.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:04 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I hope he's nailed on some criminal charges, or just wait till he toes the party line and votes for an AWB. He's been in bed with bloomberg's anti-gun group of mayors, for one thing. This makes me puke (even though I'm not by any means a big fan of Stevens), I've had more than my fill of the far left as "representation" in VT.
That's right. He signed Bloomberg's letter. That was enough for me not to vote for him. besides, he has a few skeletons in his closet already.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:14 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
That's right. He signed Bloomberg's letter. That was enough for me not to vote for him. besides, he has a few skeletons in his closet already.
It only took two letters for him to lose my vote:
I.M.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:21 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,228,708 times
I will say his brother is a definite and certifiable Kook, with a capital K. He wrote an unintelligible book about the HAARP project and basically came out with half a dozen conspiracy theories on what it is REALLY for.

"Angels Don't Play This HAARP"

I tried reading it. I got almost halfway through and realized I'd have to seriously twist my brain to come around to any of these theories. It's mainly bad science.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:29 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
Well, I sell Bergey wind generators, and Alpha Tech and BP Solar, maybe I could sell them to you Bob.
Oh yea, and that reminds me - I still can't put up a wind turbine inside the Municipality of Anchorage. Thanks allot Bagwatch.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:46 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times
Moose....provide credible links to all your allegations, thats how this works, you know that.

Anyone that pays those dues to the NRA is a mental midget....their game is all about money, nothing else...ya got a frenchman drawing a big fat paycheck and laughing at his sheep all the way to the bank

The NRA is a big part of the problem rather than part of any solutions...

The table is turning....Alaska is becoming rather blue up north

Old 11-18-2008, 09:49 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times
And....look at the positive.

Now maybe Ted doesn't get booted outta the Senate...

This is just why they didn't bother taking it up today...when it was said they had enough votes already in place to do it

Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grill God View Post
The verdict is still out on Begich and I think we will see his true agenda, (whatever it may be) in the coming year, the people have spoken and for some reason you keep spewing your rhetoric. What are you angry about.
Grill, I think you and Moose must have someone else in mind about this "spewing rhetoric" and "angry" and "bitter" business. I think a hot shower might thaw the cold gray matter. I am typing this on my iPhone while demolishing a platter of vegetarian sushi at a lovely Alfresco restaurant in Palo Alto. Did I mention the chilled glass of Diet Coke? How are things up there under the layers of blankets? :-)

The good Lord must be cheered lustily for small mercies. I mean, imagine the possibility of that numskull of a Governor appointing herself to the Senate seat and sneaking into Washington. I see that Ms Mudflats is ecstatic at -

Mudflats

Old 11-18-2008, 10:30 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Grill, I think you and Moose must have someone else in mind about this "spewing rhetoric" and "angry" and "bitter" business. I think a hot shower might thaw the cold gray matter. I am typing this on my iPhone while demolishing a platter of vegetarian sushi at a lovely Alfresco restaurant in Palo Alto. Did I mention the chilled glass of Diet Coke? How are things up there under the layers of blankets? :-)

The good Lord must be cheered lustily for small mercies. I mean, imagine the possibility of that numskull of a Governor appointing herself to the Senate seat and sneaking into Washington. I see that Ms Mudflats is ecstatic at -

Mudflats
And you are once again wallowing in what....not here, in Alaska, but in CA burning down and so far in debt, right now you should wish your sorry butt in MN back in the day when Jesse had control...you are a sorry ......and you whine about AK...get a life veggie tree hugger and yes, I am so bad, but I know that, I put my punctuation in....

Old 11-18-2008, 10:35 PM

823 posts, read 1,732,993 times
Vegetarian Sushi........Nice...Way to a spell any stereotypes and help make your case. I guess when you don't have any way to backup your case you bring up someone that has nothing to do with the case (ie. numbskull governor), I guess I can stoop to that level, but I actually liked your governor in Conan the Barbarian, yes I know I was one of the few. And I guess maybe you think that we are all still up here sitting in our log cabins listening to the wolves howl and cowering under our moose blankets wishing the Californians would come in and save the world, you must think that dining alfresco is a sign of civilization and sophistication, I for one believe people should live how they want and with the values they want so I am watching House on my HD flat screen and drinking a Jack Daniels Black Label with Coke. I know I would be cooler if I drank diet but I really don't care about being cool. Being right is more important..................Maybe you should work on your state before trying to work on ours......But since you need guidance look for somebody for Governor more like Ronald Reagan you actually had something there instead of the RINO you have in there now……………But at least he can bench press more than any other Governor….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska