Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:36 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,685,613 times

Advertisements

Cabin fever is setting in all across the state of Alaska. Use your universal precautions. In order to prevent the spread of this disease I suggest everyone keep there oosik in a safe and secure place.

http://www.dps.state.ak.us/pio/dispatch/Trooper%20Dispatches%20of%2012-30-2008.20081230.txt (broken link)

Case Number: 08-107275
Type: Medical Assist
Text: On 12-30-08, at about 1100, Juneau AST received a request from the
US Coast Guard to assist with an emotionally disturbed person at a
remote cabin on Kruzoff Island west of Sitka. The original complainants
reported that a 25 year old male had gone off his medications and was
attempting to burn down the cabin that they were staying at. They also
feared for their safety as well as his. Two Troopers from the Department
of Public Safety Academy staff departed on the US Coast Guard helicopter
and traveled to the cabin site where they were able to safely restrain
and secure the man for transport back to Sitka and eventually the SEARHC
hospital for evaluation.
Author: MED9

Received Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:30 PM and posted Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:19 PM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 06:59 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times
Reminds me of a story I read about two prospectors. Cabin fever set in and they drew a line through the cabin & communicated via an imaginary friend. One day one of them went to have a drink in town. The other showed up & asked the first via the imaginary friend whether there was anything of value in the other's side of the cabin. The other replied that it was none of his damn business. The prospector then replied that it was good that there was nothing of value since he had burned down his side.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:39 PM

244 posts, read 485,943 times
I understand cabin fever is a real and serious condition but considering the guy in the above story stopped taking his meds! That kinda implies there was already a problem there. Am i missing something? please inform if so

Old 12-30-2008, 09:54 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4now View Post
I understand cabin fever is a real and serious condition but considering the guy in the above story stopped taking his meds! That kinda implies there was already a problem there. Am i missing something? please inform if so
Socal you are so right!!!!...but if you have things to do (hobbies, etc.), I have too many will share with anyone, many ufo's in my house (unfinished objects, because I started something else)...and/or if you have nothing in life but daylight....no one stop the meds....I think cabin fever is a state of mind...but that is my opinion...most of time is dark in the afternoon before I know it, but busy and don't care, I have lights...

Old 12-31-2008, 01:41 PM

218 posts, read 518,374 times
Quote:

Case number: 08-107073

Type: False Statement on Sport Fishing License

Text: On 12-29-08, Alaska Wildlife Troopers contacted 24 year old Holly
Treybig of Kenai during a residency investigation. The investigation
revealed Treybig was not yet an Alaska resident but had purchased a
resident sport fishing license. Treybig was issued a summons for making
a false statement of material fact on her 2008 sport fishing license and
bail was set at $310.00.

Author: JDW1
Received Tuesday, December 30, 2008 6:30 AM and posted Tuesday, December 30, 2008 6:06 AM
Another report I found interesting. Just don't do it. Resident licenses are a lot cheaper, but it's not worth a criminal record or a fine.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:27 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakinator View Post
Another report I found interesting. Just don't do it. Resident licenses are a lot cheaper, but it's not worth a criminal record or a fine.
Or the embarrassment & humiliation of your neighbors finding out about your transgressions in the local paper.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:54 PM

Those police blotters were the only way to keep track of my sons! J/K of course but i used to tease my wife by reading about the drunk in publics and asking if she knew were the boys were that night.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Those police blotters were the only way to keep track of my sons! J/K of course but i used to tease my wife by reading about the drunk in publics and asking if she knew were the boys were that night.

Wouldn't you ....if you did see them...I have accidently when reading those found the ex-son-in-law or other relatives that no one told me about beforehand....

Old 12-31-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Wouldn't you ....if you did see them...I have accidently when reading those found the ex-son-in-law or other relatives that no one told me about beforehand....
I have a friend who got custody of his kids after reading that his ex-wifes new "friend" was arrested at a meth lab. Thoroughly recomend police blotters as family fun on par with the Springer show!

BTW Granny we looking to move to your neck of the woods! Going to be up there around March to start the house search before moving. Looking Soldotna area and out from there. Wife wants to be close to town for shipping companies (work files as she is working from home) and i want lotsa land so we compromising a bit. (the drunk in public kids are staying in socal, not to fear lol)

Old 12-31-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I have a friend who got custody of his kids after reading that his ex-wifes new "friend" was arrested at a meth lab. Thoroughly recomend police blotters as family fun on par with the Springer show!

BTW Granny we looking to move to your neck of the woods! Going to be up there around March to start the house search before moving. Looking Soldotna area and out from there. Wife wants to be close to town for shipping companies (work files as she is working from home) and i want lotsa land so we compromising a bit. (the drunk in public kids are staying in socal, not to fear lol)
You will have let me know when you are coming up, and you's will have to stop and say hi....I think financially, you might want to be closer,and then venture further if want when the time comes....Let me know if anything I can do to help you out before coming or during....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska