Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:47 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,521,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
But which came first, the chicken or the egg?
The rooster usually comes first...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 04:06 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaNana View Post
You only need a rooster if you want fertilized eggs----
You can go over to www.Amazon.com and pick up a copy of AlaskaNana's new book:Why Men Make Good Fertilizer.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:13 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,853,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaNana View Post
But there is a strong possibility of finding traces of blood in fertilized eggs and I do not like that. Didn't know about the temp thing as I have never had a rooster with my hens just knew what a neighbor in NCa told me. I bow to your expertise.
Not real sure about blood as I have never found, if I did I would toss, but even unfertilized eggs can have a dark speck in them, that is a "meat spot" abnormality, and is harmless. A fertilized egg is told by a white spot on the yolk(not the white slime), pencil-point spot if not, target or bulls-eye if is and is on every egg, even store bought. I have had egg buyers worry, and I pick mine up way too often to begin to incubate outside, but in our temps at over 100 it would not take long to kill a developing embryo even if the sneaky little girls hide them.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:56 PM

339 posts, read 588,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
You can go over to www.Amazon.com and pick up a copy of AlaskaNana's new book:Why Men Make Good Fertilizer.

Have to give it to ya. BUT it does show your mind is in the gutter. Bad boy.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:17 AM
ZBs

6 posts, read 11,647 times
Quote:
Alaska is not synonymous with Anchorage.
I live in Anchorage. When asked what I would do in the case of Apocalypse, my base of action will be Anchorage. Goal one would still be to get out of here and go somewhere warm.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:13 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,034,350 times
Folks...the berries are ripe now. blueberries, moss berries cranberries, rose hips, and lots more. Have you every looked at the nutrition quality of Alaskan wild berries compared to what you buy in the store? It isn't even close. My brother picked a bunch of moss berries. He doesn't really like them but said he is just going to eat 10 or so a day like he would take his medicine

Old 09-03-2012, 10:04 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
Folks...the berries are ripe now. blueberries, moss berries cranberries, rose hips, and lots more. Have you every looked at the nutrition quality of Alaskan wild berries compared to what you buy in the store? It isn't even close. My brother picked a bunch of moss berries. He doesn't really like them but said he is just going to eat 10 or so a day like he would take his medicine
yeah -- there was a study done by OSU awhile back comparing the nutrient levels of wild Alaskan blueberries to that of commercially grown berries in Oregon, Washington and California that provided some absolutely amazing information.

Get as much as you can now and put them up; too bad that food stamp recipients aren't required to utilize this free resource instead of sitting in front of their computers monitors 24/7 posting political "shares" and trying to force their urban liberal bs down the throats of those who work to support their lazy asses.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 09-03-2012 at 11:03 PM..

Old 09-03-2012, 11:01 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
yeah -- there was a study done by OSU awhile back comparing the nutrient levels of wild Alaskan blueberries to that of commercially grown berries in Oregon, Washington and California that provided some absolutely amazing information.

Get as much as you can now and put them up; too bad that food stamp recipients aren't required to utilize this free resource instead of sitting in front of their monitors 24/7.
You make it sound like sitting in front of one's monitor 24/7 is a "bad thing."

Old 09-03-2012, 11:05 PM

I am guessing that ANY berries not commercially grown, while Alaskan wild berries are much superior to any others probably the long days, are nutritionally better than commercial ones. I know they taste better. Sort of like comparing a store tomato to a garden one, no comparison.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You make it sound like sitting in front of one's monitor 24/7 is a "bad thing."

Not winter yet! No time for 24/7 until all the food is up and the snow is knee deep to a ......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska