Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 04:28 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,104,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haolejohn View Post
Did anyone actually check his link? I didn't. I just automatically assume it will lead to a NSFW site.
Oh, no. I just assumed it was going to infect my computer with herpes or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 04:39 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
I checked it. It lead to a real resume. No herpes on my Macbook, sorry to disappoint.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:05 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,104,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I checked it. It lead to a real resume. No herpes on my Macbook, sorry to disappoint.
How strange. Hey, Joao Junior, that is why god made LinkedIn.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:13 PM

I would suggest that, too. No clue whether his skill set is even in demand in Alaska, but with state cuts and everything, maybe not. I only scanned it for experience working fish, though.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:07 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,189,207 times
Maybe it had Zika virus in it?

Old 10-08-2016, 07:53 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Actually, the person has every right to "hijack" this thread.
You are incorrect. For the record - besides being impolite to the original poster (of which you are not) and a well known breach of internet protocol, thread hijacking is a published TOS violation at CityData forum.

Understanding clearly that both posters appear to have disappeared from the forum regardless, so it's a nonsequential issue. But...TOS.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You are incorrect. For the record - besides being impolite to the original poster (of which you are not) and a well known breach of internet protocol, thread hijacking is a published TOS violation at CityData forum.

Understanding clearly that both posters appear to have disappeared from the forum regardless, so it's a nonsequential issue. But...TOS.
The person didn't hijack the thread. His post was on topic. In fact, there's even a little notice under old threads urging posters to update threads with new information and opinions, and that message isn't specific to the original posters. This is what it says, "This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view."

I suppose you could report the thread and see where that gets you.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:57 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
The person didn't hijack the thread. His post was on topic. In fact, there's even a little notice under old threads urging posters to update threads with new information and opinions, and that message isn't specific to the original posters. This is what it says, "This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view."

I suppose you could report the thread and see where that gets you.
At this point we are both guilty of "thread hijacking", and "additional point of view" is not posting your resume and asking people to respond to his needs rather than the OP.
But more important is my second paragraph - inconsequential. Report the thread LOL? Are you one of those? Who cares? Let's get back to the topic.

Old 10-08-2016, 11:29 AM

My suggestion that you report the thread was to help you understand that the mods here don't really micromanage this site to the extent that you may hope. You could go into most threads here and wag your finger about "hijacking," but that's just the nature of conversation.

Old 10-08-2016, 02:52 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,862,705 times
Dd714, if you want to be a moderator, go apply to be a mod. Self-appointed thread-police dropping by to hassle people are unlikely to be kindly received.

I fear no computer viruses, so I clicked Joao Junior's link with reckless abandon. Resume looks good, man. Alaska is kind of a wasteland with regard to your chosen field. If you do move here you'll probably want to look at your options for working remotely in more developed markets, and make sure you choose a home where high-speed internet is available at a non-astronomical price (service is improving here but still very spotty).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska