Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 03:07 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxpress View Post
my name Is Joao Junior.. i am from Brasil and I live in New York for over 16 years…
i have 35 years old and i would love to move to Alaska… is there any way i could go to work there ?
this is my resume.. www.joaojunior.com ----- i am graphic, web designer / code developer …
of course.. i am open to anything !! so that is not exactly the area i am looking for
if i get the opportunity to go to work in Alaska.. is there any place i could apply for an Job ?

P.S. i recently got married in USA (NY) and i still need to apply for my citizenship…

but i am planing to go alone to spend some time there, new experience is exactly what i am looking for..
i really would like to spend some time there… because i am in love with everything i know about Alaska..

all i need is a opportunity -)

looking forward to hear from anyone and thanks for the attention…

You recently got married ... and your 'honeymoon' is going to be in Alaska ... alone? Surely, you didn't just get married for citizenship purposes? Not sure how that will look on your application.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 03:14 PM

1,931 posts, read 2,170,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
You recently got married ... and your 'honeymoon' is going to be in Alaska ... alone? Surely, you didn't just get married for citizenship purposes? Not sure how that will look on your application.
lol...my thoughts exactly. What kind of idiot goes to a desired location alone after just getting married.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:14 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:

^^^I doubt you understand this, but employers in the United States aren't allowed to ask applicants about their personal lives.

ETA my comment wasn't directed at you, Haeljohn.

Plenty of people leave spouses and children in the -48 when coming to Alaska to look for work.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:19 PM

2,383 posts, read 3,104,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
^^^I doubt you understand this, but employers in the United States aren't allowed to ask applicants about their personal lives.

Plenty of people leave spouses and children in the -48 when coming to Alaska to look for work.
I think Aery meant that they were not sure how it would look on his application for citizenship.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:23 PM

Thanks. It's hard to tell what some people mean sometimes. Anyway, to the Brasil guy, the Alaska forum of City-Data isn't a very good place to fish for work.

Someone will come along and point you to the state employment page, but I believe you've got to have an Alaska address to be able to access it.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:33 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxpress View Post
my name Is Joao Junior.. i am from Brasil and I live in New York for over 16 years…
i have 35 years old and i would love to move to Alaska… is there any way i could go to work there ?
this is my resume.. www.joaojunior.com ----- i am graphic, web designer / code developer …
of course.. i am open to anything !! so that is not exactly the area i am looking for
if i get the opportunity to go to work in Alaska.. is there any place i could apply for an Job ?

P.S. i recently got married in USA (NY) and i still need to apply for my citizenship…

but i am planing to go alone to spend some time there, new experience is exactly what i am looking for..
i really would like to spend some time there… because i am in love with everything i know about Alaska..

all i need is a opportunity -)

looking forward to hear from anyone and thanks for the attention…
And, by the way - DON'T HIJACK ANOTHER PERSONS THREAD!

Old 10-07-2016, 03:38 PM

Actually, the person has every right to "hijack" this thread. If he had made his own thread, someone would surely be shrilling by now that there are plenty of threads on this topic.

The guy probably found this thread via a Google search. I don't see why it's such a big deal to someone who doesn't even post in the Alaska forum.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:44 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

I believe they actually might be interested at the citizenship office though ... I didn't mean on a job application. Honestly though what I don't understand is why the poster I was responding to even mentioned the citizenship and marriage stuff.

Look .. I know that for some reason you don't like me, Metlakatla (though I don't really know why and I definitely don't feel the same way about you) but I don't really think you have to insult me .. why would you think I wouldn't be able to 'understand' that? I have worked in Canada and the US .. I am a citizen of both countries .. and I lived in the north for many years.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:10 PM

That one's easy. ^^^ I dislike you because the only time you even come to the Alaska forum is when you see a chance to put someone down. Do not say one more word to me on this forum, because I'm tired of you annoying me.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:25 PM

1,931 posts, read 2,170,757 times
Did anyone actually check his link? I didn't. I just automatically assume it will lead to a NSFW site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska