Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 08:28 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,018,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Today millions of seniors are calling their clinics and seeing if they can make appointments to see a doctor.

Families are making choices about pediatricians for their children.

Doctors are telling their staffs to expect increased reimbursement so they won't have to lay off staff in the office.

Hospitals in Anchorage are calculating how much they would lose in revenue with reduce ER visits by people now seen in doctor's offices.

The Legislature in Alaska is contemplating a special session to enact increased fees to doctors for seeing seniors on Medicare.

A Medicare Clinic is starting soon in Anchorage with doctors and nurses. Today in the ADN a surgeon volunteered in a letter to the editor her surgical services for the clinic.

That is just a few examples of how the change is happening on the ground today my Alaskan friend. I'm no expert but it would appear that in between what is true and not is what is GOOD. As people and families get the care and dedicated treatment they deserve we are all grateful, I would think as a reasonable person you would be also.
Where are you reading all of this fantasy? All of these things are years away, by which time this monstrosity will have long been repealed!

Old 03-24-2010, 08:32 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,164,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Let me tell you another secret. I have close friends who are highly successful doctors/surgeons in the UK. They have quite a healthy (pardon the pun) opinion of the UK system. Do they think it is perfect? No. But they would any day take it over the current dysfunctional American system.
Then lets end it as follows (will ask you a simple question):

If this healthcare bill is so good, please explain to me how come members of Congress and President Obama are exempt from participating in it.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Where are you reading all of this fantasy? All of these things are years away, by which time this monstrosity will have long been repealed!
I tried several times to explain it, but he doesn't believe it. This plan will take effect (in its entirety) after the upcoming elections (in January, three to four years from now).

Old 03-24-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
How can a private company in charge of your health care make money, if not by DENYING you that care?
What? Did you fail basic Econ 101? Any private company that denied a service enough times would go out of business - people would cease purchasing their product or service. You can only save money by denying something in a Government controlled monopoly where people are NOT FREE to make their own choices.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
It is astonishing that the rightwingers don't see this.

How can a private company in charge of your health care make money, if not by DENYING you that care? It boggles the mind that this simple point is lost on the Right.
It's astonishing that the left wingers don't see this: Obamacare is forcing all Americans to buy insurance from the same insurance companies they are complaining about

To solve that problem, all that Congress had to do was to force the insurance companies to change that rule, and to compensate them for the loss with a tax break (or a subsidy) ONLY on those individual cases.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
What? Did you fail basic Econ 101? Any private company that denied a service enough times would go out of business - people would cease purchasing their product or service. You can only save money by denying something in a Government controlled monopoly where people are NOT FREE to make their own choices.
He probably does not realize that government civilian employees (Federal, State, borough, city) are all covered by some kind of health insurance. Take for example Alaska where approximately 48% of the workforce work for one government or another. Most of these workers are covered by Bluecross/Blueshield of Alaska, and so workers in Seattle along other places. All these workers aren't denied insurance.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
It's astonishing that the left wingers don't see this: Obamacare is forcing all Americans to buy insurance from the same insurance companies they are complaining about
Couldn't have said it better. All we've been hearing for the last year is that the insurance companies are evil incarnate, out to steal every last dollar on earth. Yet now you have to pay a fine (to the IRS of course) if you don't buy their product. I must be living in the Twilight Zone.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:50 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,093,761 times
Quote:
Well if you wish to you can read today's ADN for starters and potentially wake up or if you want to keep sleeping by all means be my guest. Either way you're out of time. It is happening now.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:53 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
Quote:
Couldn't have said it better. All we've been hearing for the last year is that the insurance companies are evil incarnate, out to steal every last dollar on earth. Yet now you have to pay a fine (to the IRS of course) if you don't buy their product. I must be living in the Twilight Zone.
I don't like this part either. I would like it if I could afford to seek medical care, I am insured but the costs are still prohibitory! I worry constantly about affording my daughter's insulin just to keep her alive!

Old 03-24-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Well if you wish to you can read today's ADN for starters and potentially wake up or if you want to keep sleeping by all means be my guest. Either way you're out of time. It is happening now.
You actually believe anything you read in the ADN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska