Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 08:26 AM

93,385 posts, read 124,009,048 times

Advertisements

Here is an article from the Albany Business Review of potential developments slated for the village: https://www.bizjournals.com/albany/n...pening-in.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 08:59 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,678,368 times
Seems like that area's been popular for new construction for a while now.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones17 View Post
Seems like that area's been popular for new construction for a while now.
It also seems to be an area that has appeal to a wide range of middle class folks. It also has a good school(district) and location in the area. So, those factors may play a part in this development as well.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:00 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,678,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It also seems to be an area that has appeal to a wide range of middle class folks. It also has a good school(district) and location in the area. So, those factors may play a part in this development as well.
True about the middle class.

Great for everyone no matter if you work in Albany or Glens Falls.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:47 PM

233 posts, read 318,300 times
I was actually surprised by the mention of Menads having 4K people living there. I would have assumed way less! I don’t know the exact boundaries of the area but I will say by location and highway access, it’s a great area for commercial growth.

Many of the homes are well kept,middle class, taxes are lower for the area and it taps into the boardering strong school district(I don’t think it has its own). However, the “main drag” for the town has nothing! I’m not even sure they have a proper grocery store or any stores for that matter besides fedex and ace hardware and a dolllar store. Driving through... it’s like a forgotten town...

Before the highway (787??) was built it was more thriving, but they highway being built cut them off from the commuting community as the main drag, which is why is empty now.

Either way, I’m glad to hear people are taking advantage of the opportunity here and hopefully this will encourage growth and economic stability for the area.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls012 View Post
I was actually surprised by the mention of Menads having 4K people living there. I would have assumed way less! I don’t know the exact boundaries of the area but I will say by location and highway access, it’s a great area for commercial growth.

Many of the homes are well kept,middle class, taxes are lower for the area and it taps into the boardering strong school district(I don’t think it has its own). However, the “main drag” for the town has nothing! I’m not even sure they have a proper grocery store or any stores for that matter besides fedex and ace hardware and a dolllar store. Driving through... it’s like a forgotten town...

Before the highway (787??) was built it was more thriving, but they highway being built cut them off from the commuting community as the main drag, which is why is empty now.

Either way, I’m glad to hear people are taking advantage of the opportunity here and hopefully this will encourage growth and economic stability for the area.
I think it may have a Price Chopper, but don’t quote me on that.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:21 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think it may have a Price Chopper, but don’t quote me on that.
Nope. That closed several years ago. The closest Price Chopper is the one over on 19th St in Watervliet.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Nope. That closed several years ago. The closest Price Chopper is the one over on 19th St in Watervliet.
Thanks for the correction...What would make Menands even more attractive is if the village could become more walkable. It does pretty good in other metrics and that could bring it to another level.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:28 PM

Some village information: Menands, NY - USA.com™
http://villageofmenands.com
If you can view American FactFinder: https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/...w.xhtml?src=CF

Menands Union Free School District - USA.com™
Menands School District - Menands, NY
About Menands School - Menands School District, Menands, NY
https://nces.ed.gov/globallocator/sc...D=361899001719
https://www.greatschools.org/new-yor...enands-School/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area