Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 06:12 PM

5 posts, read 21,733 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have information on some of the housing developments outside of Clifton Park or in the Malta / Ballston Spa / Ballston Lake areas? I'm aware of the Clifton Knolls & Country Knolls ones which are very large right in Clifton Park.

Younger family-friendly ones preferred with a little land (~1/2 acre) and affordable (mid 200's). They can be for brand new houses or older ones. We like the newer colonial, but would be fine with the older colonial styles if it has the right "feel".

If you have any information on them, please share!

Please post one of the streets in the development as well so I can get an aerial view of that area. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 08:26 PM

50 posts, read 149,983 times
In Malta, Luther's Forest is the biggest development, and given the time of year, is Halloween-haven for the area (everyone goes there for trick-or-treating). I grew up there and it provided a lot of playmates and a safe neighborhood. However, as the tech park is going in, house prices in the development may go up. Wineberry Lane would probably be a good road to look at (12020).

Also, try Geyser Crest. It is on the line between Ballston Spa and Saratoga Springs- Saratoga schools. The houses are the older colonial style, but usually list within your price range. The development is closer to Ballston Spa/Milton conveniences than Saratoga. Lamplighter Lane is one street there (12866).

Hope this helps a little!

Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 AM

220 posts, read 525,133 times
Personally I prefer Luther Forest--Geyser Crest feels a little more squashed together to me. There are a lot of kids in Geyser Crest (I have several friends who lived there growing up and they knew plenty of other kids in the neighborhood) but if you're looking there, I'd look at roads other than Hawthorne as, from what I remember, cars tend to race through there.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:01 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
There is a new development going in Saratoga, Brampton Woods. I believe the road is Brampton Lane. Our home was built by the same builder and it is very energy efficient and well done. There are various size lots up to 2 acres if I remember correctly.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:11 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
The original Van Patten Clifton/Country Knolls homes are very solid, well built homes. That is most of Clifton Knolls and the Meridian/Hillcrest/Thunderbird/Ridge/Burning Bush, Terrace/Southwood/Eastwood streets in Country Knolls. Most of them are on half acre +/- lots, something you don't find in a lot of the non-Van Patten homes in Clifton Park.

This is a great little web site about Country Knolls: Welcome to Countryknolls.org

One advantage of living in the "old" section of Country Knolls is the proximaty to the pool club. It's nice to not have to get into the car in wet bathing suits, you can just walk home.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 AM

237 posts, read 1,059,396 times
Out of the Knolls(Clifton Knoll, Country Knolls West, Country Knolls South), I like Clifton Knolls best. It's close to the main school campus, YMCA, Town Hall, Clifton Commons, Library and the main shopping area. It also has the two pools, Locust Lane and Barney Road which are great in the summer. It is slightly older, but a very solid, family friendly neighborhood.

I would stay away from Country Knolls West off Plank Road. One section sits extremely close to the Northway(I87) and there have also been reports of some issues with the sewage or something. I can't quite remember exactly, but I think parts of that development are on a grinder pump and there were some issues as to who was going to pay for the maintenance. It's probably not a huge deal, but with so many homes to chose from, I'm just throwing in my 2 cents.

There are also some newer colonials in developments off Miller Rd. I think around Blue Jay. Settler's Hill is around there also. It should be around your price range. For some reason, I'm not crazy about being "way out" there.

It's funny, Clifton Park people can have sort of a warped view about what's considered far. When I was living there, my daily routine hardly ever took me futher than a 2 mile radius around my house, so 5 minutes outside of "town" seemed far. You'll also find Clifton Park people describing where they live simply by what exit on the highway they use. The ultimate suburb...love it or hate it.

Maple Ridge(Ponderosa Way?)or Woodin Oaks might be in your price range as well.

Sorry I don't have much information on the other areas like Malta and Ballston Spa. They're pretty nice areas expecially if you'll be working off exit 12. Malta has more potential for growth.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:24 PM

135 posts, read 548,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels_99 View Post
Does anyone have information on some of the housing developments outside of Clifton Park or in the Malta / Ballston Spa / Ballston Lake areas? I'm aware of the Clifton Knolls & Country Knolls ones which are very large right in Clifton Park.

Younger family-friendly ones preferred with a little land (~1/2 acre) and affordable (mid 200's). They can be for brand new houses or older ones. We like the newer colonial, but would be fine with the older colonial styles if it has the right "feel".

If you have any information on them, please share!

Please post one of the streets in the development as well so I can get an aerial view of that area. Thanks so much!

Saratoga Glen is a nice area (tho temporarily there is road construction in the area)--the town (Stillwater) is putting in a park and it;s close to the Saratoga Lake. Both single family and townhomes.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:06 PM

18 posts, read 74,882 times
All those neighborhoods that make up Clifton Knolls, etc, are pretty charming. The streets wind around in illogical ways, there are tons of mature trees, the houses are different... it really is a nice way to go if you don't mind older houses. Easy to get everywhere, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area