Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 07:53 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times

Advertisements

The Ponderosa Brewing Company plans to open the doors to its new Albuquerque brewpub on Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 1761 Bellamah NW. Ponderosa also has a commercial kitchen and will serve a full menu of burgers, sandwiches, salads and the like. It will be open 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m.-10 p.m. on Sunday.

Ponderosa Brewing Co. opening this week in Albuquerque | Albuquerque Journal News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 08:15 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,062,159 times
'The Draft Station' just opened as well.

Craft beer is now flowing at Country Club Plaza.

The Draft Station taproom opened last week at 1720 Central SW, part of Jay Rembe’s mixed-use project near the intersection of Central Avenue and Laguna.

Draft Station comes from the same company as Chama River Brewing Co. — Santa Fe Dining — and while it will offer several Chama beers, Draft Station aims to be more inclusive. Its 14 taps currently include selections from Marble, Bosque, La Cumbre and Turtle Mountain — breweries staffed with people who previously worked for Chama River.

“We know them all, and they’re highly respected,” said Robert Griego, vice president of operations for Santa Fe Dining.

Draft Station seats about 60 inside and 40 on the patio. It’s open daily from noon-midnight, except Sundays when it opens at 11 a.m.

Draft Station taproom opens in Albuquerque | Albuquerque Journal News

Old 01-07-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8! View Post
Not a bad bit of info, but Hallenbrick Brewery went out of biz back in Oct.
Here's the ABQ Brewery Map: ABQ Beer Map - Google Maps

La Cumbre's popularity has really exploded in the 1 year they've been open. They now have Jefe's Heffe on tap as a regular offering (all iPhone pix by me):

Il Vicino has also stepped up their game, bringing a whole host of delicious limited offerings to the thirsty consumer. Right now, I've been enjoying their Chocolate Cherry Milk Stout.
This map needs updating.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:39 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,477,630 times
For anyone looking for a new westside place, the Blue Grasshopper (Home and https://www.facebook.com/thebluegrasshopperpub) opened up last month just off of 528 a little north of High Resort Blvd. in Rio Rancho. Has 19 taps with local brews. Their own brews aren't on tap yet, but should be within the next couple of weeks according to one of the owners.

We've been there a couple of times and really like it - great neighborhood pub with nice atmosphere, friendly staff and owners, and excellent wood fired pizza. Also has live music most evenings.

Wish I lived within walking distance cuz this would be a place I could see spending a lot of time at. Well, maybe better I don't live that close to it.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:38 AM
N8! N8! started this thread

2,408 posts, read 5,307,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
This map needs updating.
agreed - but it's hard to know what's where in ABQ from my sofa here in southern Germany.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8! View Post
agreed - but it's hard to know what's where in ABQ from my sofa here in southern Germany.

Sounds like you need a trip back home to try....I mean map out all the new breweries.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:44 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
This map needs updating.
I looked at it. I can't update it...

Old 01-13-2015, 11:09 PM

341 posts, read 708,756 times
I was a little surprised to find a good assortment of craft beer in an Albuquerque grocery store recently. It's no CA, OR, WA or CO, but NM can certainly hold it's own in the West when it comes to microbrewing.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifico View Post
I was a little surprised to find a good assortment of craft beer in an Albuquerque grocery store recently. It's no CA, OR, WA or CO, but NM can certainly hold it's own in the West when it comes to microbrewing.
Indeed it can hold its own against those states (judging by the numerous awards NM breweries earn) - it's a beer lovers' hidden gem.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:15 AM

Congratulations to ABQ's Bosque Brewing Co for winning the National IPA Championship this year. They beat out a field of 128 IPAs and in the finale they edged out ABQ's Canteen Brew House's Exodus IPA for the championship WIN!

http://brackets.brewingnews.com/tmen...ionship%202015

Be the first to try national & international award winning IPAs before the rest of the world learns about them:

The New Mexico IPA Challenge tickets:

New Mexico IPA Challenge Santa Fe @ Draft Station Santa Fe - July 11th 2015 12:00 pm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque