Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 01:37 PM

7 posts, read 14,058 times

Advertisements

After owning a home in an older non cookie cutter neighborhood for the past 8 years I'm looking forward to living in a cookie cutter neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 PM

153 posts, read 211,571 times
Default Track homes

Eventually urbanites that want to escape the big city and move
to Albuquerque will want what they had in these cities, cool modern
new homes. It is very difficult to find, but there are pockets-
downtown, Rio Grande and Indian School (Mananitas) Altura park,
UNM, Los Ranchos (Rincones) but they don't advertise, so you
need to drive around and see what is going on. Albuquerque has always
been behind the rest of the nation-about 10years behind. Some people
LIKE track homes or "cookie" cutter, and LOTS of tuscan style homes
especially in the far NE that eventually people will not want any longer.
These neighborhoods have infrastructure, but no "edge"

Old 05-04-2011, 08:59 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,758,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrye View Post
It is very difficult to find, but there are pockets-
downtown, Rio Grande and Indian School (Mananitas) Altura park,
UNM, Los Ranchos (Rincones) but they don't advertise,
Sure they do, get the Albuquerque Journal on Saturday (or is it Sunday), when they are all advertisiting, or find a good Real Estate agent/broker. Or just search the above in google.com.

The Rincones division in Los Ranchos only built 15 homes, the one I saw was $970,000. I can not afford that. So in the 90's I bought two homes in the $130,000 range. Both large developments, one in Rio Rancho and one in Albuqueruqe...

If you want and can afford a $900,000 home, then you can find them. With today's computers and the Internet, what might have taken me a few weeks can be done in a day.

And a reminder, we do not allow listings here...

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 06-30-2012 at 07:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque