Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 03:29 PM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,305,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
My favorite is Scalo's still, but ABQ just doesn't have a great selection of Italian restaurants.
Scalo's used to be really good, but over the last 18 months.. no so much.

The last 2x i've eaten there have been bad - last summer was the last time.

They were having some mgt problems, hopefully they got them addressed, but I haven't been in a hurry to go back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 11:25 AM

11 posts, read 18,311 times
I have been to two Vietnamese and two Japanese restaurants recently and I can say that Kokoro and Far East Fusion have been amazing and the best Asian restaurants in here so far! Kokoro is authentic and Far East Fusion has a great sushi!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:36 AM

60 posts, read 158,528 times
If you like driving a ways, then you must check out Abuelita's on the corner of Pajarito Rd SW and Isleta Blvd SW in the beautiful village of Pajarito. Abuelita's is the only resturant in the whole town. Pajarito is a small suburb of Albuquerque like Los Ranchos but smaller. Abuelita's is just a stones-throw away from the historic Hubbel House and alongside the Camino Real National Scenic Byway.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:52 PM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,305,542 times
I'd like to drop a recommendation for Cheese & Coffee - excellent food and value:

Couple locations w/reviews:
Cheese & Coffee - Uptown - Albuquerque | Urbanspoon

Cheese & Coffee Cafe DownTown - Old Town - Albuquerque | Urbanspoon

Old 05-14-2013, 07:41 PM

64 posts, read 131,326 times
Can you recommend any decent New Mexican food restaurants within a 15 minute drive of McMahon/Unser, 87114? I know this area isn't exactly "in the center of things."
Also I was on 4th street and saw the El Camino Diner - does anyone know what time it's open until - I saw online that it just serves breakfast and lunch, and the food in the pictures looked really good with great reviews.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:34 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightongirl View Post
Can you recommend any decent New Mexican food restaurants within a 15 minute drive of McMahon/Unser, 87114? I know this area isn't exactly "in the center of things."
Also I was on 4th street and saw the El Camino Diner - does anyone know what time it's open until - I saw online that it just serves breakfast and lunch, and the food in the pictures looked really good with great reviews.
We have been to the The Ironwood Kitchen a few times, they are not all New Mexican, but they have some dishes. They are only about 2 miles from that interesection, a bit hidden. North on Unser, then left on Night Whisper Rd in a plaza with a Gym and Brewpub.... Go to their website and look at the directions: The Ironwood Kitchen.

We enjoy it. Our review and pictures on Urbanspoon: Ironwood Kitchen - Rio Rancho - Albuquerque | Urbanspoon

El Camino Diner, a historic place on Route 66. Been there several times but only for breakfast. Sorry, don't know their hours and they do not have a web site. All I found is their address and phone number 6800 4th St NW Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, NM 87107 (505) 344-0448

Old 05-14-2013, 08:38 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,476,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightongirl View Post
Found an Alibi post that lists their hours as 7 am - 2 pm, Tuesday-Sunday, closed Monday. Not sure how old that post is but the hours sound right based on my recollection from our last visit a month or so ago. The food is very good for a diner-type place. We've put El Camino on our list of go-to breakfast places.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,476,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
We have been to the The Ironwood Kitchen a few times, they are not all New Mexican, but they have some dishes. They are only about 2 miles from that interesection, a bit hidden. North on Unser, then left on Night Whisper Rd in a plaza with a Gym and Brewpub....
If you're into beer at all, the brewpub is a taproom for Marble Brewery. Pretty small but a good place to go enjoy a Marble brew plus Ironwood delivers there (Marble keeps their menus handy and takes/calls in the order to Ironwood).

Old 05-14-2013, 09:39 PM

Thanks! Ironwood kitchen's menu looks perfect and they serve breakfast all day. And the pictures look good - nice green chile stew ..yum!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:40 PM

rwjoyak - nice idea but I don't drink, a bit of a lightweight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque