Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 07:34 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times

Advertisements

NM Appraiser:

There are a few "roach coaches" on different parts of Alameda Blvd which are not bad, but I'm getting too old to test food...

I consider those coaches a part of American History, the Big Smokes in Texas, BBQ in South Carolina, Crab cakes in Maryland. That was one of my goals in life when I was very young, to eat at every "Lunch Wagon" in the US.....

Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 10:49 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,217,092 times
The Big John's coach @ Montgomery and Carlisle is awesome! He moved from having a strip-mall based business into the coach.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:54 PM

105 posts, read 239,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
NM Appraiser:

There are a few "roach coaches" on different parts of Alameda Blvd which are not bad, but I'm getting too old to test food...

I consider those coaches a part of American History, the Big Smokes in Texas, BBQ in South Carolina, Crab cakes in Maryland. That was one of my goals in life when I was very young, to eat at every "Lunch Wagon" in the US.....

Rich
Thanks Rich - being an appraiser I'm out and about a lot - I'll wander that way soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert
The Big John's coach @ Montgomery and Carlisle is awesome! He moved from having a strip-mall based business into the coach.
I've seen his truck out there - I'll stop the next time it's close to lunch and grab a bite to eat. Thanks rybert

Old 09-29-2009, 10:34 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,711,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
II'm tired of eating at the Frontier all the time.
Blasphemy!!!!

Old 09-30-2009, 07:25 PM

195 posts, read 472,241 times
agreed. he should consider himself lucky, since some of us (meaning me) have to wait months for a visit to abq just to relive the sweet savory experience that is the Frontier.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
In the last week I have eaten 3 enchilada plates, 4 carne adovada burritos, and 2 bonanza burgers. Save me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically, I get off work at around 10pm and don't want to cook and eat right before going to bed and all the other restaurants are closed. Don't get me wrong, I like The Frontier, it can just be too much of a good thing.

ABQConvict

Old 10-01-2009, 12:18 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,711,383 times
Quote:
In the last week I have eaten 3 enchilada plates, 4 carne adovada burritos, and 2 bonanza burgers. Save me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Philosophical question: What does Heaven feel like?

Answer: ^ This experience by Convict. Good Lord, that sounds incredible!!!

Quote:
Basically, I get off work at around 10pm and don't want to cook and eat right before going to bed and all the other restaurants are closed. Don't get me wrong, I like The Frontier, it can just be too much of a good thing.
No, I am just giving you a hard time Convict. I hear you. Too much of even the best thing can get old....I do believe though, for my tastes only...eating at the Frontier would test that general life theory!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:

ABQConvict
Convict - Taco Cabana does a decent job on Green Chile Stew. Just an idea - don't remember what part of the city you're in - but for just under $5 for a small bowl and two flour tortillas (that's been my breakfast the last week) and a glass (or more) of water - pretty good - I can't make it at home for that cheap.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:42 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
I like Taco Cabana especially the lengua and relleno tacos, but to go there after work would be about 7-8 times longer than my sweet 0.75 mile commute (I work in Nob Hill and live in rock throwing distance of The Frontier. Not that I would throw rocks at the Frontier).

I often get my lunch at the deli in the La Montanita Co-op (normally referred to as simply, 'The Co-op'). While not a restaurant, per se, it deserves to be mentioned in this thread since I see a lot of people getting prepared food there for their lunch.

ABQConvict

Old 10-02-2009, 03:49 PM

The Co-op is good too - I broke my habit the other day - went to Golden Pride on JT and a carne adovado burrito for breakfast - gotta love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque