Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 01:38 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,934,399 times

Advertisements

I recently went back to Monroe's which I had liked the one time I tried it. This time I tried the carne adovada which was too mild for my taste. (Last time I had a daily special featuring carnitas.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 01:42 PM

350 posts, read 768,698 times
El Modelo on 2nd Street. Wow. Relatively cheap and you get a ton of food, including spare ribs in red sauce. Cool place.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:59 PM

121 posts, read 299,229 times
So Ive been reading through some of these older threads. What is the deal with The Range? I've never heard anyone outside of this forum ever mention the place. Is this where the City Data folks hang out? What is it that makes it so special?

Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big time bro View Post
So Ive been reading through some of these older threads. What is the deal with The Range? I've never heard anyone outside of this forum ever mention the place. Is this where the City Data folks hang out? What is it that makes it so special?
There are a couple in town - the original being located out in Bernalillo. I think the guy that owns The Range also owns Standard Diner on Central. It's got sort of an eclectic mix of entrees with a few great oddities, including an Indiana breaded tenderloin (NEVER to be confused with chicken fried steak or any similar dishes). But they also have a great chicken friend steak! And they have New Mexican food...and super ice cream floats. It has a great atmosphere, the food is really good and the price isn't too high. Definitely try it out!

The original Range Cafe has been around since the 80s. It has been a pretty well-known eatery for a long time.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:52 AM

1,566 posts, read 4,423,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflakes;
The original Range Cafe has been around since the 80s. It has been a pretty well-known eatery for a long time.

Another thing that I like about The Range in Bernalillo is the Fri-Sat entertainment. Listening to entertainers like Bill Hearne, The Watermelon Jug Band, and Félix y Los Gatos make the food taste even better.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 06-16-2011 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: fix quotes

Old 06-16-2011, 08:12 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,685,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflakes View Post
It's got sort of an eclectic mix of entrees with a few great oddities, including an Indiana breaded tenderloin (NEVER to be confused with chicken fried steak or any similar dishes).
The hoosier tenderloin is my favorite menu item at the range. There are few specific restaurant dishes that I crave, and that is one of them. I love the sandwich option as well as the dinner option (which is served with a balsamic salad and mashed potatoes). Mmmmm. A good breaded pork tenderloin was one thing I missed from my time in the midwest. The range nails it every time.

Pretty much everything at the range is awesome in my experience.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:06 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big time bro View Post
There are now three Range Cafe's in the ABQ area. The first was in 1992 in Bernalillo. They have been popular, we have been to all three, I prefer the one in Bernalillo as it is close to us.

UrbanSpoon reviews: Search for Range Cafe

Their Web Site: Home : The Range Cafe

Rich

Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmom View Post
The hoosier tenderloin is my favorite menu item at the range. There are few specific restaurant dishes that I crave, and that is one of them. I love the sandwich option as well as the dinner option (which is served with a balsamic salad and mashed potatoes). Mmmmm. A good breaded pork tenderloin was one thing I missed from my time in the midwest. The range nails it every time.

Pretty much everything at the range is awesome in my experience.
The owner is from Indiana - the home of the breaded tenderloin.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:40 PM

152 posts, read 233,139 times
While The Range is good, I really like Rodeo Grill up on Wyoming - same "family" of restauranteurs. Really fabulous shakes and house made chips.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:59 AM

152 posts, read 233,139 times
Finally after many years/moons getting to experience the infamous and famously crowded Tacqueria Mexico today.

Menu

After hearing that Tacqueria El Alex closed I definitely am on the hunt for good Mexican tacos, the more "variety meats" the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque