Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,288,300 times

Advertisements

Does Albuquerque have an Asian district or even a strip mall sorta thing? I'm half Chinese, and half mexican. So Hispanics don't bother me, unless I bother myself. But are there any Asian markets, they don't have to be Chinese. Filipino, Vietnamese, Thai, Korean etc...whatever works.

If so is it big? or like a little Gas station... I know there not much on an Asian population, that doesn't bother me, I just need a place to buy some of my stuff...lol, are there any authentic Asian restaurants too? not like Panda Express haha, but like a hole in the wall sorta of think... Pho joints? sushi joints? lol....

Asians people don't matter too much, but where would be the area of highest concentration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 01:05 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,023,547 times
There is a place called Tallon Market they have little sections of food from other countries, lots of asian goodies with candy,deli foods,produce,cookware,and wine.There are many asian restaurants and Im not talking about panda express,but for Albq.having such a small population of asians there are alot of asian restaurants.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:23 AM

1,566 posts, read 4,423,203 times
I do my Asian grocery shopping at 99 Bahn Oriental Supermarket, which is located at 5315 Gibson.

It has an abundant supply of foods and cooking utensils.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:52 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,699,571 times
The Talin market is awesome. Orchid Thai is good if you like Thai food.

Old 11-17-2007, 02:36 AM

710 posts, read 2,961,701 times
my wife is fillipino from the Bay Area, and even she says there is not an Asian Market in SF as Talin here in ABQ.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:42 PM

361 posts, read 1,092,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmguy View Post
I do my Asian grocery shopping at 99 Bahn Oriental Supermarket, which is located at 5315 Gibson.

It has an abundant supply of foods and cooking utensils.

WOW!!!! They have a 99 Market in ABQ now. I've been gone for about 8 years and I lived in the Bay Area (San Francisco) and they had 99 Markets all over.

This is awesome news.

I live in Chicago now, but I live near Lincoln Park (really far from the Chinatown area), so I'm not sure that we have a 99 Market here.

I go to ABQ often to visit friends and family. I'll be there for Christmas, so I'll plan to go to the 99 Market.

Thanks for the great news.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:28 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,288,300 times
haha glad to see my thread was of someone elses use too, anywho... great, where are the neighborhoods with the highest Asian populations. I do care about my Hispanic side too, but seeing as this is New Mexico, that is really not a concern.

I like thai food, uhh any Pho joints? I loveee pho... and AUTHENTIC Asian restaurants? I'll eat at Panda Express but I like authentic cooking too... or will i actually have to get my hand dirty for authentic Chinese food(meaning make it myself)?

Old 11-17-2007, 10:24 PM

606 posts, read 698,812 times
Panda Express sucks.....I would rather cook myself.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:13 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,345,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
haha glad to see my thread was of someone elses use too, anywho... great, where are the neighborhoods with the highest Asian populations. I do care about my Hispanic side too, but seeing as this is New Mexico, that is really not a concern.

I like thai food, uhh any Pho joints? I loveee pho... and AUTHENTIC Asian restaurants? I'll eat at Panda Express but I like authentic cooking too... or will i actually have to get my hand dirty for authentic Chinese food(meaning make it myself)?
I'm in Las Vegas. We have a rather large Chinatown now although it is really an all Asian town. Ate at a Vietnamese restaurant the other night. Most of them have Pho in the name which is pronounced fuh. This is no joke...we ate at a place called Pho Kim Long.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:56 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,699,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
haha glad to see my thread was of someone elses use too, anywho... great, where are the neighborhoods with the highest Asian populations.
Probably in the area around Central & Louisiana, according to this article.
Year of the Talin - New Mexico Business Weekly:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque