Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 12:50 PM

995 posts, read 2,728,078 times

Advertisements

Why not use the search feature to help answer your question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 07:34 PM

5 posts, read 5,538 times
I'm also from NJ. I can't yet offer advice on the city, I'm in southern NM now, but soon to be ABQ. Congratulations on making the move to a free state. New Mexico is a great place. You'll love it here.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:34 PM
NJR

236 posts, read 1,031,477 times
This IS a good thread.
I'm from central NJ. I left there for Virginia 4 years ago & hate it here.
We are also looking into Rio Rancho when my son graduates H.S. next year.
This being the case I would also be very interested in hearing from other Ex NJ people on how they feel about living in Rio Rancho.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:49 AM

662 posts, read 1,451,103 times
We just moved here from Texas. We deliberated about living in Rio Rancho vs. The Northeast Heights. Rio Rancho has less expensive housing, very new, beautiful high schools. We ended up choosing the NE Heights because La Cueva has the highest test scores, the highest % of kids taking AP classes, and because the commute to Sandia Labs in Southeast ABQ was too long from Rio Rancho.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:38 PM

28 posts, read 64,489 times
We looked at both choices while looking for a place too. Our decision had to do with commute time vs. cost of housing. There are limited routes over the river so that was a concern since my husband works on the southeast side by the AF base and we determined the cheaper housing costs didn't make up for the lost time every day of the commute, and the wear and tear on the vehicle. But that is just us.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:05 PM

434 posts, read 1,106,409 times
I love when people make treads then never write again..

Old 01-28-2012, 10:16 AM

8 posts, read 7,860 times
Default Moving to ALB next year

I've been reading up on some of the threads trying to get a real feel for someone to consider in moving to the city, and most of those that reply are very helpful...and am hoping they can help me head in the right direction.

As far as work goes, I can pretty much work from anywhere that has a live high speed connection, but am still interested in local opinions for those that hold BBA and years of experience, is it more of a youth oriented market, mixed age groups, diverse?

After reviewing many of the parts of town ......what are considered the safest ? I've heard of "war zone" but have no idea where this is. I don't care to be on the outskirts so I can avoid as many snakes as possible this seems to be the areas with the highest probability, and prefer as little commuting congestion from downtown as possible.....as a 50 year old single woman, need safety to rule over proximity to the city, but still like the urban feel to areas.

So once I get past the posts on scorpions, snakes and those that hate the area, I'm hoping for some real help. I can say negatives about most of the places I've lived, but I can also find those things that really made living there worth the effort and would like to hear from locals what makes it worth it in ABQ.....thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque