Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 02:58 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times

Advertisements

Hey 6'3" stop causing trouble.. or I will have to send you to the office, and have them call your mommy to come pick you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullionbuks View Post
I posed the question because I believe that the comments made by 6 FOOT 3 are misleading. i.e. Building schools = Albuquerque Public Schools not overcrowded. I have worked with APS regarding school overcrowding and RE development issues on the westside. Overcrowding has been and will be a problem for the forseeable future (many APS employees agree with this statement). The building of the schools will help, but if you look at long term projections-- the schools just can't keep pace with the development. Hopefully, the slow down in construction will help, but as of right now the problems still persist. Rio Rancho on the other hand does have a coherent and sustainable plan. If you have kids I would suggest Rio Rancho Schools to APS.

LOL.. I have not seen a leap like this since The Quantum Leap TV show. OH BOY!

"Quantum Leap" (1989)

( I am kidding 6'3" - were sorta like good ol friends same High School and all that jazz. ) - for the masses who dont know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 03:29 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,916,612 times
Well I am pretty sure La Cueva is in the 2300 kids range. El Dorodo and Valley are around there. Schools like West Mesa and Cibola are huge and way over the 3000 mark.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:51 PM
LLD

654 posts, read 3,071,709 times
Muhnay... behave yourself now. :-)

Old 09-20-2007, 08:37 PM

266 posts, read 1,333,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqsunport View Post
I am sorry, but they would never move a whole school across town. There is a need for a school in its current location. What needs to be done, however, is a rezone of the School Districts. La Cueva is now very overcrowded, El Dorodo is also very crowded at the moment. However, If they made this move, people would be livid.
Gee, I wasn't trying to insinuate anything about the school. I'm well out of high school, well before having kids of my own, and therefore care absolutely nothing at all about what happens to DNHS (I didn't attend school there, either). Just wanted to clear up something I heard, and my question has been answered. Definitely didn't mean to initiate an argument over school size and whatnot here in the Duke City.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:42 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,916,612 times
No you didn't cause an argument at all. We were just pointing out how moving the school is not the solution. Rather, the solution is to rezone the districts. However, a move like that would be extremely controversial. You caused no beef between any of us, and don't worry about it.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:57 PM

266 posts, read 1,333,486 times
Ah ok, good to know. Thought I'd made a controversial comment, but I'm glad to know that's not the case. I do agree with what's been said about APS districts though, it seems the most practical solution would be to rezone them, and I think it could probably be done with a minimal amount of inconvenience to most students across the city.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:25 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,950,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLD View Post
Muhnay... behave yourself now. :-)
Ok I will.. I just never get a chance to talk about QUANTUM LEAP, and had my chance here.. lol. And 6'3" and I are friends.. so I hope he knows I am joking with him.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:18 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Ok I will.. I just never get a chance to talk about QUANTUM LEAP, and had my chance here.. lol. And 6'3" and I are friends.. so I hope he knows I am joking with him.
Friends since when??? Just jivin ya Muhnay....Just got back in town after a week so lots of catching up to do. Had to help out in Tucson property (apartment)...

Good to see all the new progress in ABQ and the new schools....

Oh yeah....forgot to memtion the new High School in Los Lunas (Valencia high)

Old 09-23-2007, 03:04 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post

Oh yeah....forgot to memtion the new High School in Los Lunas (Valencia high)
Isn't that just the old alternative high turn into a high school?

Old 09-23-2007, 04:26 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
Isn't that just the old alternative high turn into a high school?
You may be correct on that although i know they are playing JV Football this year and Varsity next year. The school looks very newish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque