Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Italian restaurant would you like to see at the Villages at Rio Rancho?
Olive Garden 0 0%
Buca di Beppo 2 9.52%
Macaroni Grill 6 28.57%
Bravo Cucina Italiana 2 9.52%
Trombino's 6 28.57%
Other (specify) 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,346,603 times

Advertisements

As we all know, a new Uptown-style shopping district is planned in southwestern Rio Rancho on Unser south of Southern. It will be a mixed use district of offices, retail, food, and a movie theater.

So, I decided to do a poll: Which Italian restaurant would you like to see here?

I personally would like a Buca di Beppo. Buca di Beppo is my favorite Italian restaurant, and it would be nice to have one closer to where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 PM

238 posts, read 635,034 times
Thumbs up Ciao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros 1337 View Post

As we all know, a new Uptown-style shopping district is planned in southwestern Rio Rancho on Unser south of Southern. It will be a mixed use district of offices, retail, food, and a movie theater.

So, I decided to do a poll: Which Italian restaurant would you like to see here?

I personally would like a Buca di Beppo. Buca di Beppo is my favorite Italian restaurant, and it would be nice to have one closer to where I live.

Gotta go with Trombino's. Keep it local.

Buca is fun and the atmosphere at Bravo! is nice. The food is decent, as I can make better Italian food at home. Macaroni Grill is passable Italian, but having the Olive Garden on this list is an insult to Italian food, unless you consider spaghetti and ketchup 'Italian'. That's like calling Taco Bell 'Mexican food'.

If I was calling the shots, there would be a Valentino in Rio Rancho. I don't care how expensive it is, it's damn good Italian.

--BtK

Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 PM

1,418 posts, read 4,918,752 times
How about one of the other two restaurants associated with Bravo, or the other Italian restaurant associated with Macaroni Grill. But another Trombinos sounds like a fantastic idea.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:08 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,451,383 times
My vote is for anything that is not a chain, where sauces are often pre-packaged and the menu is as insipid and generic in Albuquerque as it would be in Cleveland, Omaha or any other city.

My favorite Italian restaurants are not chains although I think I could live with Bertucci's....and Pizzeria UNO seems to be popular in other cities.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:35 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,783,825 times
What Italian restaurant would I like to see at "The Villages at Rio Rancho"? It really is not an issue with me.

We already have Joe's Pasta House in Rio Rancho. It is not a chain. They have authentic Italian food and pasta recipes It is run by Italians, and the owner is usually there making sure customers are enjoying their meal. it has been in operation over 10 years. I have had good food and service there.

A review: Gil’s Thrilling (And Filling) Blog » Joe’s Pasta House – Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Rich

Old 11-04-2009, 07:55 AM

I'm a fan of Joe's place as well, but I would think RR could support a couple of Italian places. Come to think of it, didn't another place just open at Unser/Southern?

Maybe the poll should just be "What Restaurants/Type of Restaurants" would you like to see open at the Villages.

I'd like another breakfast place and a Marcello's type upscale steak/seafood place.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:13 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,783,825 times
I could go for more Breakfast places.

Rich

Old 11-04-2009, 11:51 AM

Where exactly is this place going? At the NW corner, there's WalMart ( and fine dining like Panda Express )..NE corner is the Goodwill shopping center ( fine dining of KFC and soon to be Wendy's ), SE corner is a Car Wash and seasonal shave ice, SW corner is Chili's, Starbuck's, Burger King, Sonic....?

Old 11-04-2009, 12:22 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,346,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmathecat View Post
Where exactly is this place going? At the NW corner, there's WalMart ( and fine dining like Panda Express )..NE corner is the Goodwill shopping center ( fine dining of KFC and soon to be Wendy's ), SE corner is a Car Wash and seasonal shave ice, SW corner is Chili's, Starbuck's, Burger King, Sonic....?
It won't exactly be at a corner of Southern and Unser. However, it will on the west side of Unser and south of Southern, near the new hospital.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:29 PM

Across from the hospital, I bet. Just about 2 miles from us. Excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque