Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 03:34 AM

40 posts, read 44,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I'm gay and I also don't like the LGBTQ establishment. A lot of people think dictatorships can only come from the political right. That couldn't be further from the truth. There are plenty of left wing wannabe dictators out there.
Thank you.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:38 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,290,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73 View Post
I guess you missed the point where I agreed about what ABQAlex posted about the confederate flag. You shouldn't be so quick to make assumptions about one post.
Alex sad this about the battle flag:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post

It's sort of like people in the South waving the Rebel flag. I think it is completely wrong and I don't see how anyone could fly a flag other than that of the U.S., and I do believe that most who fly it are trying to send racist signals. But I can understand that many may feel it's not disrespectful to this country to fly that flag or that they aren't doing it as a racist thing, but rather being proud of their heritage.
If you're saying you agree with that statement, then I'm trying to clarify whether you feel the same way about those waving a Mexican flag -- that "many feel it's not disrespectful to this country to fly that flag or that they aren't doing a racist thing, but rather being proud of their heritage."

Or are you saying there is room for different interpretations of the rationale for flying the battle flag, but not the Mexican flag? And if so, why? Because only the latter is a country that still exists?

Old 09-20-2019, 05:19 PM

272 posts, read 271,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Trump lost New Mexico to Hillary by 8 points. Romney, the great moderate, lost it to Obama by 10 points. Prior to that, McCain, the icon of all moderates and a shoo in, lost the state to Obama by 15 points.
So the 2032 election should be a pretty close race then?

Old 09-20-2019, 07:01 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,783,825 times
The 2020 United States presidential election, is scheduled for Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Voters will select presidential electors who in turn on December 14, 2020, will either elect a new president and vice president or re-elect the incumbents.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:47 PM

5,044 posts, read 7,421,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73 View Post
So they don't owe any allegiance to a country that allows them to come here and make money that they send back to their homeland? Is that what you mean when you are talking about people that wave their foreign flag. It was abundantly clear the last time Trump was here with the city having a riot and waving those very flags.
You don't seem to acknowledge that Trump called Mexicans "criminals and rapists". If he offended any other nationality in the same way, do you think the people from those countries living in the US wouldn't turn out waving their flags? With millions of Mexican workers in this country it amazes me that only a few turned out waving Mexican flags. The others were probably too busy working at jobs Americans won't do.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
You don't seem to acknowledge that Trump called Mexicans "criminals and rapists". If he offended any other nationality in the same way, do you think the people from those countries living in the US wouldn't turn out waving their flags? With millions of Mexican workers in this country it amazes me that only a few turned out waving Mexican flags. The others were probably too busy working at jobs Americans won't do.
I would like to see verifiable proof of your claim...

Reference: How the Media used Trump to insult Mexicans -
Quote:
During his infamous speech, Donald Trump said some words about Mexico. The question is what did he say? And what did he mean?

Many people say that Trump said that “Mexicans are rapists.” Other people say that Trump said “Mexican immigrants are criminals and rapists.” But as we said, these are very different claims. Both are false, yet they’re saying different things.

Reference: How the Media used Trump to insult Mexicans -
Quote:
MEDIA MEME: In his first campaign speech, Trump said that all Mexicans are rapists.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED: Trump said no such thing. But many reporters, news commentators, and political pundits said it frequently.

Old 09-20-2019, 10:33 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,290,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I would like to see verifiable proof of your claim...
This request wasn't directed to me, but . . .

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

–Real estate mogul Donald Trump, presidential announcement speech, June 16, 2015

What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.

–Trump, statement about his June 16 comments, July 6, 2015

So, I don't understand what there is to argue about. This is what he said. These are his words.

Old 09-21-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

–Real estate mogul Donald Trump, presidential announcement speech, June 16, 2015

What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.

So, I don't understand what there is to argue about. This is what he said. These are his words.
There is no argument....

Examples of verifiable in a Sentence

"we're not sure whether that's a verifiable hypothesis you need a verifiable letter from your doctor to file a claim for short-term disability"

Synonyms

checkable, confirmable, demonstrable, empirical (also empiric), provable, supportable, sustainable

Reference: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/verifiable

You have not proven anything...

End of discussion for me.

Old 09-25-2019, 12:14 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzLobster View Post
That doesn't make it ok for me.

Furthermore, 100 years ago...even 50 years ago, there was not the welfare state that we have today. Immigrant communities were more self sufficient and had little or no expectation of the taxpayers taking care of them or their children as happens today (other than perhaps, public schools). Not to mention there were more jobs available for people of low education. That isn't the case today. We're struggling to provide living wage employment for our own less educated people. We shouldn't be adding to the problem by importing poor people from the 3rd world, wherever they may come from. Pretty much every country that's open to immigration recognizes this (such as Australia & Canada...although it seems there's lots of pressure for ever more 'asylum' loopholes).

Old 09-25-2019, 12:26 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post

Mexico has been sending the people they don't want to the U.S. for the last 50 years. I don't see why people are surprised.

While what Trump said is exaggerated hyperbole, there's more truth in there than many will admit.

How about Hilary Clinton's "basket of deplorables" or Obama's "they cling to guns and religion" comments? Those kind of snide and prejudicial comments don't get repeated in the media nearly as much as Trump's comments. I wonder why. It certainly couldn't be media bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque