Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:08 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwishfan View Post
Perhaps Pres. has changed since I last called them, but in all the years I've been with them you didn't have to actually "call" on the first of the month, the change just wouldn't go into effect until the first, however they will (or used to at least) give you a referral number you could use to see that doctor prior to the change taking place officially. Just thought I'd point this out in case it's a case of misunderstanding rather than a new policy that I'm unaware of. Good luck.
Thanks, but every time I have called, I am told they will not accept any new patients until the first of each month.
Now my husband informed me that I will have to call them and let them know who will be my PCP in Bernalillo. I informed him that is a call that HE is making! I have no desire to speak to anyone at Pres ever again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 06:34 PM

1,566 posts, read 4,423,203 times
Good idea, cliffdweller. When my elderly father was out visiting from CA a few months ago, he needed to see a doctor. We called El Pueblo Family Healthcare, and he was given an appointment for the next morning. They even honored his CA medical insurance.

Be careful driving, and enjoy your new life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
For what it's worth, here is the info for a practice I found in Bernaillo that says it is accepting new patients: El Pueblo Family Healthcare, located at 121 Calle Del Presidente,Bernalillo NM
Phone 505 867-2324. I found them by researching drs that will take my Blue Cross under COBRA. I have not arrived in NM yet, starting my drive out on Friday from NJ and will be living in Bernalillo. Good luck!!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:09 PM

184 posts, read 805,056 times
Default Pres or Lovelace... pls chime in.... thanks!

Ironically we may be in the same boat and frankly this scares me to know end. We are also relocating to ABQ ... leaving South Florida later this week, .. where here in South FLA... we are with a very respectable BCBS health plan only paying about $170 a month thru the State/university plan... yet, our move to ABQ and the UNM state/university plan will cost us (if we choose Pres Health) close to over $400 a month! and to hear this about these service levels is NOT sitting well with me to say the least...

I'm very interested in hearing from others out there ...

FYI-- We have option to go with a plan with Pres or with Lovelace... Sooo .. pls continue to share.

Much thanks. and good luck Alison!!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,741,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
Currently in Audubon, NJ (until Friday), just outside of Philly, where I worked. Yes, will stop by WaWa for a coffee and my last full service gas fill up -- about the only thing I will miss about NJ!!

I have a lovely new home waiting for me in Bernalillo so, though it will be a long drive, it will be a happy one!!
Too Funny!

We moved from Audubon, NJ. We lived on Oswego Ave in walking distance of a great little pizzeria which I forget the name of on West Merchant and in the mornings I would stop at the WaWa on the White Horse Pike.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:30 PM

713 posts, read 1,845,659 times
I have BC/BS and never have any problems like this. The problem isn't New Mexico, it is Presbyterian. I have heard horror stories abou them, and Lovelace isn't a whole lot better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque