Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:42 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,905,303 times

Advertisements

Albuquerque is pretty big and diverse. It depends on what you are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 08:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,855 times
Well, people do not believe in doing background checks around here, they simply want the money. Crooks, gangsters, rapists, murderers, you name it, can EASILY get an apartment or house if they can show some cash. This why there are ghettos popping up all over Albuquerque, including the NE Heights, which is suppose to be a "nice"area.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:40 PM

995 posts, read 2,728,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon-Marie View Post
Well, people do not believe in doing background checks around here, they simply want the money. Crooks, gangsters, rapists, murderers, you name it, can EASILY get an apartment or house if they can show some cash. This why there are ghettos popping up all over Albuquerque, including the NE Heights, which is suppose to be a "nice"area.
well grab your pots and pans and start making some noise. standing on your soapbox on an internet forum isn't gonna fix the problem. furthermore you go from blacks not being accepted to gang banger and rapist getting apartments.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:17 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,027,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon-Marie View Post

every apartment I have lived in they did a background check, and I do have a few things on my record, but its all good I guess.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 PM

2 posts, read 1,662 times
Default Sw abq

My hubby and I are new to Albuquerque and have been renting in Rio Rancho but have been looking to buy in the SW area of ABQ because of affordability. We were getting ready to sign a contract for a new house. The house is near Dennis Chavez SW and 118th Sw. I believe the name of the community is Sandstone Trails. I have read many negative things about the SW quarant but it did not see any posts that were recently and was wondering if the neighborhoods had changed. I have been to the area during the day and at night and found it acceptable. I don't mind not having shopping centers close by. I new I was driving past questionable areas but does it get any better near this area?

Signed...
Ready to run!

Old 08-24-2012, 08:32 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,061,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lws3224 View Post
My hubby and I are new to Albuquerque and have been renting in Rio Rancho but have been looking to buy in the SW area of ABQ because of affordability. We were getting ready to sign a contract for a new house. The house is near Dennis Chavez SW and 118th Sw. I believe the name of the community is Sandstone Trails. I have read many negative things about the SW quarant but it did not see any posts that were recently and was wondering if the neighborhoods had changed. I have been to the area during the day and at night and found it acceptable. I don't mind not having shopping centers close by. I new I was driving past questionable areas but does it get any better near this area?

Signed...
Ready to run!
That particular area isn't bad. I know several people that live in those subdivisions. They all are decedents of family that is from the South Valley. 5th + Generation New Mexicans. If you don't mind not having other options besides Wal-Mart close by. You will be fine. There isn't many sketchy areas you have to drive by either. To get to the major areas of town you either go down Rio Bravo or Coors. Which are primarily commercial areas.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:34 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,185,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
They all are decedents of family that is from the South Valley.
A decedent is a dead person. Halloween's only 2 short months away!

Old 08-24-2012, 08:56 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,061,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
A decedent is a dead person. Halloween's only 2 short months away!
Darn Swype and Android!

Old 01-19-2020, 06:56 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,855,084 times
This is an old thread. But what does everyone think about the area surrounding Valle Vista elementary? I drove around that area earlier and didn't really see anything that would make me go NOPE! (I grew up in LA, I didn't really see any of the visual cues I would use to avoid neighborhoods back in LA but maybe I'm missing something)

I was also looking at Rio Rancho, but SW would make my commute Downtown a whole lot more convenient. I don't care about the quality of local schools, I have no children and I'm here by myself.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:49 AM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
This is an old thread. But what does everyone think about the area surrounding Valle Vista elementary? I drove around that area earlier and didn't really see anything that would make me go NOPE! (I grew up in LA, I didn't really see any of the visual cues I would use to avoid neighborhoods back in LA but maybe I'm missing something)

I was also looking at Rio Rancho, but SW would make my commute Downtown a whole lot more convenient. I don't care about the quality of local schools, I have no children and I'm here by myself.
I personally really like that area, and it would be great for getting downtown. Cycling and ART would also be options from that area depending on other factors. But you wouldn't have hardly any traffic compared to a Rio Rancho commute (not that it would compare to LA). That said, I haven't LIVED there, but I've had friends who live in that area that seem generally happy with it. Pollen can be intense though if you have bad allergies like i do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque