Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who gets your vote for Mayor of Albuquerque
Richard Romero 5 18.52%
Martin Chavez (I) 7 25.93%
Richard Berry 15 55.56%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,750,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Lets see Berry do that... like he has done nothing USEFUL for Albuquerque and his district since he was elected representative.
Ooops... Guess we'd better hope he can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 09:56 PM

390 posts, read 952,304 times
It appears that the "homeboys" don't vote.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:05 PM

741 posts, read 2,923,355 times
Congrats to Mayor-Elect Berry!

To Marty (and City Councilor Cadigan): Don't let the door hit you in the... well, you know the rest.

Chap

Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,742,942 times
Just saw the news, I'm a non voter but I'm happy he won, that is who I would have voted for if I could have voted.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:40 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,029,225 times
Im excited to see how things turn out, Im glad Berry won.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Berry?
Look what Mayor Marty has done for this city.. It was trash, litterally trash.. I'm not trying to be be rude.. but alot can agree he has done wonders for this city.

12 years of real leadership.. 4th term, he will win most likely.
Martin Chavez is trash, literally, trash. I agree with billythegoat completely.

I'm so glad Chavez didn't get elected. He is corrupt out of his brains. I worked at a bar downtown (no names) as a bouncer, Martin shows up with his VERY underage girlfriend. He tried to pay me $300 for me to let her in. When I said no (I reasoned $300 isn't worth my job) he began listing all sorts of threats about how he was going to make sure I got fired and evicted from my house and all sorts of things. He then talked to the owner of the bar and demanded that the owner fire me or else dear ol' Marty was going to bring untold hell down on his bar. I got fired, Chavez and his girlfriend got in, and that was just in 15 minutes.

He enjoys the power that comes with his position far too much. Another example is how his daughter gets a DWI, or should I say doesn't get a DWI. Albuquerque has a big problem with drunk drivers, everyone knows that. But when his daughter gets pulled over with a blood alcohol level way over the legal limit for someone over 21 (which she isn't), somehow her case gets "lost". If the mayors daughter gets drunk and hits a car head on with a family in it, does that mean they won't die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albuquerque Journal
Mayor Martin Chávez is using thousands of dollars donated by private contributors to defray family expenses, ranging from his wife's telephone bills to the cost of taking his family on a goodwill trip to Japan.

Money has been donated by high-ranking city employees, real estate developers, lawyers, bankers and other supporters to a political action committee known as ABQPAC, formed during Chávez's first week in office.
Using a political action committee "seemed to be the most proper way" to raise money, [Chavez] said, because there is public disclosure and it does not depend on government funds.

It saves money for taxpayers, he said, because it involves the use of private donations to cover some expenses that might have reasonably been charged to city government — such as certain travel costs and his cell phone.
Some checks in the files of ABQPAC were written to Mayor Martin Chavez personally, not to the committee that he has said provided a buffer between him and contributors.
[url=http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-2698939_ITM]Article: PAC Checks Made To Chavez.(Final) | AccessMyLibrary - Promoting library advocacy[/url]

Thank God, Albuquerque is finally FREE! Now to ride the old dirtbag out of town on a rail...

Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyjett View Post
Funny twist of your words. Tell me how are they impacted by MORE discrimination than any other person gay or straight? They're not. Bottom line. The law tells both of us we can't marry the same sex. Don't come back and say "well I can't marry my gay lover." Thats BS, whats next Tom, Dick, or Harry tells us he can't marry his goat lover.
It should go with out saying but (some people need a bit more explanation than others) there is a pretty big difference between a human that can give consent and an animal that can't.

Quote:
Force their lifestyle on the religious public.
Yeah. That makes sense.

Quote:
It would be far more acceptable to allow "civil unions" and create the legal language in allowing all the legal benefits & write offs. Also to be taken to the cleaners if the union fails.

If you can have all the legal perks and pitfalls are you going to say we're "civilly united" or are you going to say your "married?" ...I thought so. It's the legality your looking for. That should be the gay fight. Not what the hell you call it on paper.
I'll agree with you here. As soon as the law quits recognizing religious marriages that'll be a start

Old 10-07-2009, 07:10 AM

1,732 posts, read 4,450,786 times
"You live in Atlanta, this is Albuquerque.
Our Mayor supports equal rights for his citizens. Get over it."

And you live in Las Vegas.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:18 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,726,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyjett;11075655[B
]"Marriage" is a religious union.[/b] Gays are trying to hijack the religious institution. Force their lifestyle on the religious public. It would be far more acceptable to allow "civil unions" and create the legal language in allowing all the legal benefits & write offs. Also to be taken to the cleaners if the union fails.

If marriage is only a religious union, our government has no business recognizing marriages of any sort.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:29 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,219,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
If marriage is only a religious union, our government has no business recognizing marriages of any sort.
Tell that to Berry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque