Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 06:04 PM

4 posts, read 7,971 times

Advertisements

I moved here almost 3 months ago and don't have a primary care doctor yet. A few weeks ago I noticed I was having a tightness in my chest & pains in my shoulder blade. Also shortness of breath, even just doing dishes. One night my left arm, below my elbow, felt numb-ish & tingly and that was the last straw. I'm 46, female. (Plus a year ago, my family doctor in Florida recommended a nuclear cardiac stress test because of other symptoms but my insurance company denied it.)

So on Wednesday, I decided to go to the emergency room after speaking with a nurse connected to my insurance company. I went to Lovelace Westside who went into "cardiac" mode and did an EKG, chest x-ray, cat scan & drew blood etc. The only "positive" diagnoses were systolic hypertension, sinus tachycardia, and a high white blood count @ 19.5 k. But they admitted me for observation overnight and did a nuclear stress test and echocardiogram the next day. The cardiologist reviewed the results and said my tests were all good. He indicated he felt there was something going on but from a cardiac point of view I was healthy.

So I was quickly discharged (felt more like dismissed) and advised to find a local internist. I'm looking for a recommmendation for an Internist who's very thorough and still jazzed about being a doctor. The 87114 area would be more convenient but primarily I'd just like to find someone who'll help me figure out why my white blood count is high.

Thanks all!

p.s. Lovelace was very thorough, efficient and the staff friendly and seemed to care about doing a good job while I was admitted. Although I really feel I should have been given a referral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque