Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 08:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,598 times

Advertisements

Hello
I am considering relocating to New Mexico in the near future. All I know About Albuquerque is all I have researched online. Would someone please tell me about Albuquerque? I am a 57 Year old native of Puerto Rico.
Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 10:21 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,030,720 times
You'll love it just like PR! Lots of food diversity, go to Talin Market for supplies!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:31 AM

2 posts, read 2,598 times
Hi Thank you for your reply.
What section of Albuquerque would be better? I depend on public transportation. My area of experience is in retail (grocery) and adult education
thanks
Eddie

Old 06-14-2010, 12:39 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlopez153 View Post
Hello
I am considering relocating to New Mexico in the near future. All I know About Albuquerque is all I have researched online. Would someone please tell me about Albuquerque? I am a 57 Year old native of Puerto Rico.
Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlopez153 View Post
Hi Thank you for your reply.
What section of Albuquerque would be better? I depend on public transportation. My area of experience is in retail (grocery) and adult education
thanks
Eddie

Eddie, Albuquerque (ABQ) and Puerto Rico are different, weather wise, heat wise, altitude wise and humidity wise. We do get a little snow here, not much. I have lived in New Mexico 10+ years and I have lived in the Caribbean about two years (Dominican Republic). Yes you can buy Plátanos here, I am cooking some tonight, but they and mangoes, papayas do not grow here. Public transportation in ABQ is not as good as San Juan, but you can get around. I just do not use public transporation as I live outside ABQ. I think your budget and where you are working will depend a lot on where you live. Hopefully someone else can help you in that area.

Good luck!

Rich

Old 06-14-2010, 12:44 PM

13 posts, read 25,647 times
Eddie I agree with alloo66, you’ll love Albuquerque. I find this city not too big and not too small; good weather, food and people.
If you depend on public transportation, you’ll probably be looking for something East of I-25 where the buses run a little more frequently than other parts of town. Downtown to Nob Hill is good place to live if you like the night life and lots of good restaurants within walking distance. UNM and CNM are in-between the two and easily assessable.
The Academy West area, around San Mateo Blvd & Academy, also has good bus access and lots of shopping within walking distance. It just kind of depends on your tastes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque