Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 06:00 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

I haven't had any alcohol in 35 years. I drank during a 4 month period when I was 21 years old. It was social drinking with friends. It never really tasted very good, was hard on my stomach and I just got bored with it. In reality, it just doesn't taste good and dehydrates your body, wrinkles your skin - boy, looking at those drinkers my age makes them look like my mother!

Old 06-30-2015, 06:04 AM

18,549 posts, read 15,590,462 times
I have not had any since 2006, because (1) I don't like it, (2) it seems a waste of money, (3) I don't go to bars anyway (or high end restaurants for that matter), so the occasion doesn't really come up.

In cases where I do go to places that serve alcohol, it's not usually in a big group where all the non-drivers are drinking, so no peer pressure.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:43 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Would moderators please close this zombie thread...I don't think the santimoinous non drinkers would appreciate it if we invaded their anti alcohol threads. ...so we shouldn't have to deal with them on our own forum space.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:41 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campers View Post
I avoid alcohol for the same reason I don't smoke or eat nails. It's toxic and carcinogenic and wrecks your hormones. And that's if you're not abusing it. It kills more young people than all diseases combined in the form of drunk driving accidents. One day a week binges (5+ drinks) causes brain damage as fast or faster than daily heavy alcoholic drinking through excitoxicity link. It's the worse drug there is by far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I haven't had any alcohol in 35 years. I drank during a 4 month period when I was 21 years old. It was social drinking with friends. It never really tasted very good, was hard on my stomach and I just got bored with it. In reality, it just doesn't taste good and dehydrates your body, wrinkles your skin - boy, looking at those drinkers my age makes them look like my mother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Would moderators please close this zombie thread...I don't think the sanctimonious non drinkers would appreciate it if we invaded their anti alcohol threads. ...so we shouldn't have to deal with them on our own forum space.
I'm pretty sure this thread was started before this sub-forum was created, back when all the threads were in "Food & Drink." Most of us think the zombie threads are re-activated as a result of an Internet search engine locating a post. I can certainly understand how post like the two I selected above are viewed unfavorably by those who enjoy discussing their "potent potables." Therefore, we'll lock this one up so the next Internet search won't result in any more angst for our regulars.

In commemoration thereof, I think I'll go make a fresh batch of beer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages