Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 12:01 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,355,364 times

Advertisements

not sure if i'm in the right thread/forum as i'm not even sure if my reaction is an allergy, but i've had this reaction since college (in my 40s now). whenever i've had a few consecutive days or even a few consecutive meals of cold food and/or drink, i would end up with a sore throat. sometimes, it would get to a point where i'd get sick with fever, cough and nasal congestion, so it makes me look like i'm down with a flu. both my younger brother and i developed similar reactions back then (not sure if he still has it now or if he has outgrown it).

i just recently recovered from a three day fever after having had a few days straight with drinking cold iced teas (lunches sponsored by our bosses for hosting panel interviews with applicants). it's been a while since i've had that illness since i've pretty much been very good at limiting my intake of cold food/liquids. it's been a long while since i've had a quart of ice cream in the freezer, and when i do, it sits in the freezer for months before it's finished with or thrown out. last week was just very bad for me with my cold food/liquid intake. when i told my coworkers about it, they were astonished to hear of such a reaction.

has anyone else had/heard of such reaction? and no, i haven't consulted any physician on such a reaction yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 07:15 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,886,067 times
My daughter gets hives from warm water or warm food. Her hives are on her face, chest and arms but it's possible to get hives inside your throat also. Do you have any kind of symptoms when exposed to cold weather or taking a cold shower?

Old 03-10-2017, 06:22 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,355,364 times
not really, but i agree, i could be getting internal hives

Old 04-05-2017, 01:04 PM

1,354 posts, read 790,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
not sure if i'm in the right thread/forum as i'm not even sure if my reaction is an allergy, but i've had this reaction since college (in my 40s now). whenever i've had a few consecutive days or even a few consecutive meals of cold food and/or drink, i would end up with a sore throat. sometimes, it would get to a point where i'd get sick with fever, cough and nasal congestion, so it makes me look like i'm down with a flu. both my younger brother and i developed similar reactions back then (not sure if he still has it now or if he has outgrown it).

i just recently recovered from a three day fever after having had a few days straight with drinking cold iced teas (lunches sponsored by our bosses for hosting panel interviews with applicants). it's been a while since i've had that illness since i've pretty much been very good at limiting my intake of cold food/liquids. it's been a long while since i've had a quart of ice cream in the freezer, and when i do, it sits in the freezer for months before it's finished with or thrown out. last week was just very bad for me with my cold food/liquid intake. when i told my coworkers about it, they were astonished to hear of such a reaction.

has anyone else had/heard of such reaction? and no, i haven't consulted any physician on such a reaction yet.
Zilam,

I had that condition since my childhood.
I never eat/drink any real cold food.
That is it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies