Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2007, 12:51 PM

942 posts, read 1,396,873 times

Advertisements

I asked this before, I am going to ask again. I only want to know for people that have severe allergies to Mold, the type that is chronic sinus infections being treated with antibiotics at least every 4 to 5 weeks due to the amounts of infections. Well did anyone move out of where I do the Pacific Northwest, I am told this area called the Willamette Valley which stretches from Portland to Eugene is the mold allergy capital of the country not only because of the allergen, but because of the valley location allergens are trapped here by the surrounding mountains. I am on antibiotics for the 9th time in 12 months, and daily doses of rhinocort and it doesn't work for me. I can understand the wet moldy climate here can be too much for some. The allergiest here said I might want to consider a dryer climate as I get older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 08:37 AM

341 posts, read 1,488,813 times
My son & I never HAD allergies until our move to Louisville metro area. Pollens & molds are unbelievable here. It's said to have the 3rd worst air in the US and I believe every word! Testing, shots, adnoids/tonsils out, antibiotic galor, allergy pills,inhalers....GUHHHHH! Even can cause hearing loss with ear infections repeating. We're bidding OUT! Florida wasn't even this bad. The farmers and smokers can HAVE this place LOL! Drier climates make a world of difference and you'll feel 10x better. Even sleep better!

Old 04-08-2007, 05:01 PM

942 posts, read 1,396,873 times
Thanks I found a list of worst places for allergies and Louisville was number 1, so I can see your troubles with that place then. Did you move to Louisville directly from Florida. I understand Fla can be bad for allergies, I would think the ocean brezzes coming from both sides of the state would help clean the air there some.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:16 PM

341 posts, read 1,488,813 times
No, from AZ actually. But I've lived in Orlando twice & visited several other coastal cities in Florida. Ocassionally my nose itched but not often in Orlando. No meds. And was NEVER bothered on the coast. We're sooooo sick here & can't wait to get OUT! There's a constant haze here & who knows what's trapped in it! Everything! lol

Old 05-12-2010, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,481 times
Texas is terrible too! I swear, I went up to NYC and I felt the most normal I've ever felt in my life! I was born and raised in San Antonio, TX and have lived here and gone through COUNTLESS amounts of infections since childhood! Don't move to TEXAS if you are allergic to Mold or Cedar... Ugh.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:00 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,840,504 times
You might want to be careful moving to a dryer climate if you're also allergic to smoke, as I am. I was doing great in Australia until we went to a part of NSW that had some forest fires and my allergies went nuts. I can handle the mold better I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies