Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,156 times

Advertisements

Hi
I'm 46+.My RBS is 18.4 mmole/dl.Before a few days I used to take herbal medicine.Now I stop that.weight-70 kg.What the natural treatment?pls. let me know.
Hannan Khan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 09:09 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
Lose weight, cut carbs out, and be meticulous. I can't relate to the numbers, you must not be in the USA.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahkhanee View Post
Hi
I'm 46+.My RBS is 18.4 mmole/dl.Before a few days I used to take herbal medicine.Now I stop that.weight-70 kg.What the natural treatment?pls. let me know.
Hannan Khan
!8 is really high considering 5-6 is normal.
I;d get to a diabetic clinic and make use of their services that will include a nurse,doctor and dietician.If no clinic in your area make an appointment with the nearest Endocrinologist.
Some herbal medicine maybe beneficial for minor rises in blood sugar levels but at this point herbal remedies arent what you need you need a lifestyle change and a total assessment of your daily dietary habits.
Good luck

Old 07-16-2012, 01:04 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,631,955 times
I've seen some good books written on the subject. I wish I remember the titles but most of the good books basically endorse a lifestyle that embraces moderate daily exercise, relaxation, and a diet that is rich in vegetables and whole grains (similar to the Macrobiotic diet). Here is one research study that might interest you:

Macrobiotic Diabetes Type 2 Study

"Results of this study also support evidence that a diet
rich in fiber, complex carbohydrates, whole grains and le-
gumes improves glycemia control, lowers insulin require-
ments, slows glucose absorption, increases peripheral
tissue sensitivity to insulin, reduces cholesterol and se-
rum triglyceride levels, controls body weight and lowers
blood pressure.[35]"

There are many other similar studies. Fundamentally, it is always about diet, exercise, stress. Hope this helps.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:38 PM

39 posts, read 174,776 times
I agree strongly with, Dr Mercola!
Diabetes Epidemic and Treatment

Old 08-04-2012, 03:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,616 times
Type 2 Diabetes can be cured with exercise. With exercise, you'll be able to fight Type 2 Diabetes...

Old 02-19-2013, 07:59 AM

178 posts, read 355,625 times
Through a healthy lifestyle you can prevent not only diabetes but many other chronic and non-chronic diseases. Eat a healthy diet which is low in fat, carboohydrates and sugar, avoid alcohol, beverages and carbonated drinks, reduce the consumption of salt and maintain a daily work out routine. Also having green tea 2-3 cups a day is a good idea.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 AM

7,201 posts, read 15,004,595 times
Sadly, most people are unwilling to change their eating habits and to get out there and exercise. That's why obesity and diabetes are rampant in the American population.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:17 PM

181 posts, read 305,867 times
Organic garlic and stevia has done wonders for my grandmother. If you are going to buy stevia, please make sure it's not TruVia (it is compromised being that it's a Cargil brand aka GMO).

Old 02-21-2013, 04:42 AM

585 posts, read 1,088,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I've seen some good books written on the subject. I wish I remember the titles but most of the good books basically endorse a lifestyle that embraces moderate daily exercise, relaxation, and a diet that is rich in vegetables and whole grains (similar to the Macrobiotic diet). Here is one research study that might interest you:

Macrobiotic Diabetes Type 2 Study

"Results of this study also support evidence that a diet
rich in fiber, complex carbohydrates, whole grains and le-
gumes improves glycemia control, lowers insulin require-
ments, slows glucose absorption, increases peripheral
tissue sensitivity to insulin, reduces cholesterol and se-
rum triglyceride levels, controls body weight and lowers
blood pressure.[35]"

There are many other similar studies. Fundamentally, it is always about diet, exercise, stress. Hope this helps.
The guy has an acute probelm. You recommend a book. Do you want him to put it in his ****in coffin or what? - If you're going to give him advice, give him timely advice. If you can't - shut up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine