Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 06:56 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,629,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
By paying out the company is allowed to not admit or be found guilty of fault which really is cheaper because if it was proven that their product was harmful to even a portion of the population people may stop believing in it and they would lose future customers. I've noticed that the vaccine industry almost never admits to any fault. The system is designed that way. Nothing can ever be the fault of a vaccine, even when it is.
Ok, I see, makes sense. There was speculation of that in the article as well. Still, I'm glad to see parents who noticed such a correlation of onset after vaccination doing their own investigating and making their way through that tough system. The mother said that they are constantly dealing with extreme hate trying to make their way through the case. It's a tough road.

Since these awards were made, maybe it can open up an avenue for testing and add new conditions on the "who should not vaccinate" list. This will help with mandates. That way parents concerned about their kids being vulnerable to vaccine side effects can get tested first.

Since they have linked diet, chemicals and environmental factors to how one performs with Autism, or any co morbid condition of it, looking into how exposure to viruses effect it would be worth a look. I've read a bit about it and wonder if that's why a vaccine could trigger Autism to arise.

"Many viruses are suspected of playing a role in autism. These include Herpes Simplex Virus 1 and 2, Human Herpes Virus 6, Epstein-Barr Virus, Rubella virus, Measles virus, Cytomegalovirus, and others. The herpes family of viruses seems to be the most susceptible to anti-viral prescription medications, so these are the viruses than most people focus on."
Diagnosing and Treating Viral Infections in Autism Spectrum Disorders - Talk About Curing Autism (TACA)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 07:26 AM

It's really hard to believe that 1 in 42 boys have Autism. I'm not confident that the ability to diagnose it is the reason for that large of an increase. I think it might be a change in diagnostic criteria. I know they use to only diagnose Autism in a hospital type setting. Then they opened it up to out patient. Plus, they have widened the symptom pool. The biggest problem studying it is that everything has gone up. Organic foods have also risen with Autism. In such a fast paced world a different type of investigation becomes necessary.
That parents notice such a dramatic change after vaccination thought concerns me. I wish they wouldn't blow it off and look into it more. I realize it doesn't happen often enough and correlation doesn't always mean anything, still, I don't want it rolled over either.

I remember how I felt when they started saying the MMR was tied to giving children tics and Tourettes. I couldn't help but look into it since my son has it and was vaccinated. I think that's a natural response for a parent.

http://www.tacanow.org/news/cdc-rele...valence/(where I got the numbers)

Old 02-01-2016, 08:38 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,802,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
This is a vaccine debate. What else would you call it?

I'd call it a discussion about a case where a vaccine was found to trigger autism in a genetically susceptible individual. A discussion where we might be able to discuss the fact that an environmental factor (in this case a vaccine) triggered the autism, without debating the merits of vaccinations and immediately go on the defensive of vaccines. There is a difference between a discussion and a debate.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:54 AM

10,260 posts, read 6,357,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
It's really hard to believe that 1 in 42 boys have Autism. I'm not confident that the ability to diagnose it is the reason for that large of an increase. I think it might be a change in diagnostic criteria. I know they use to only diagnose Autism in a hospital type setting. Then they opened it up to out patient. Plus, they have widened the symptom pool. The biggest problem studying it is that everything has gone up. Organic foods have also risen with Autism. In such a fast paced world a different type of investigation becomes necessary.
That parents notice such a dramatic change after vaccination thought concerns me. I wish they wouldn't blow it off and look into it more. I realize it doesn't happen often enough and correlation doesn't always mean anything, still, I don't want it rolled over either.

I remember how I felt when they started saying the MMR was tied to giving children tics and Tourettes. I couldn't help but look into it since my son has it and was vaccinated. I think that's a natural response for a parent.

http://www.tacanow.org/news/cdc-rele...valence/(where I got the numbers)
I know the OT is about Autism, but, Poppysead, did you report your son's reaction to his MMR? How many adverse reactions to vaccines go unreported? One poster said millions take vaccines with no problem. How do you know that perhaps millions HAVE have had adverse reactions but never report them? You are just guessing.

It is very much the same with any disease, medication, or vaccination. Unless people report it, or go to a doctor, you have absolutely no way of knowing.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:33 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,802,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Ok, I see, makes sense. There was speculation of that in the article as well. Still, I'm glad to see parents who noticed such a correlation of onset after vaccination doing their own investigating and making their way through that tough system. The mother said that they are constantly dealing with extreme hate trying to make their way through the case. It's a tough road.

Since these awards were made, maybe it can open up an avenue for testing and add new conditions on the "who should not vaccinate" list. This will help with mandates. That way parents concerned about their kids being vulnerable to vaccine side effects can get tested first.

Since they have linked diet, chemicals and environmental factors to how one performs with Autism, or any co morbid condition of it, looking into how exposure to viruses effect it would be worth a look. I've read a bit about it and wonder if that's why a vaccine could trigger Autism to arise.

"Many viruses are suspected of playing a role in autism. These include Herpes Simplex Virus 1 and 2, Human Herpes Virus 6, Epstein-Barr Virus, Rubella virus, Measles virus, Cytomegalovirus, and others. The herpes family of viruses seems to be the most susceptible to anti-viral prescription medications, so these are the viruses than most people focus on."
Diagnosing and Treating Viral Infections in Autism Spectrum Disorders - Talk About Curing Autism (TACA)

Really interesting regarding the role of viruses in autism. Thanks for sharing. Good food for thought.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I know the OT is about Autism, but, Poppysead, did you report your son's reaction to his MMR? How many adverse reactions to vaccines go unreported? One poster said millions take vaccines with no problem. How do you know that perhaps millions HAVE have had adverse reactions but never report them? You are just guessing.

It is very much the same with any disease, medication, or vaccination. Unless people report it, or go to a doctor, you have absolutely no way of knowing.
I didn't report it. I didn't think about the connection until I saw the article. I, like others just assumed it was a coincidence. His vaccines were around the age TS usually rears it's ugly head. I'm still not sure about it to be honest but, I did delay his vaccinations and I hesitate to get a booster until I thoroughly look into it.
It's so hard when your child has an illness they no nothing about, where it came from or what will aggravate it in the future. Everything is pretty much a guessing game. When reading through claims from parents after vaccinations I really see why they think that and then other times I just get tired and want to trust the establishment.

But, I must say the natural diet, no soda, artificial dyes, whole foods really made a difference in his tics and Adhd. It was like night and day. Soooo glad I tried it out. He has a lot of chemical sensitivities. We can't use laundry soap at all or he's a rash head to toe. Austism and Tourettes both share the same co morbid conditions so it's similar.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Really interesting regarding the role of viruses in autism. Thanks for sharing. Good food for thought.
Yes, since the vaccine contains a small amount of virus it's food for thought. The girl in the case had a condition that would have been irritated from the virus I believe.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:45 AM

10,260 posts, read 6,357,342 times
The majority of the parents whose children I worked with never made the connection of vaccination to Autism, so they would never seek vaccine injury in the first place.

How to decrease the numbers (plus save $$$$)? Stop testing the kids for Autism. That is what the public school where I used to work did. The children would be tested in Kindergarten if there was a suspicion of Autism. No, more. The school would no longer test until they were at least 8 years old. If a parent wanted to test their own child outside of school earlier, then they could do and pay for it themselves.

Horrible idea. That meant these children would be mainstreamed and not get the early intervention they so needed and were required by law to get.

I grew up in the 50's. Sure, the very low functioning were put in institutions. The rest weren't. The "weird" kids as one posted said? By whose standards are they weird? The "popular" kids would call the class Nerd (like a Bill Gates?) "weird". The student who was very quiet and had only a small circle of friends? Weird? The boy who only wore bow ties to school? Weird? Were these the "weird" Autistic children back then? Perhaps, perhaps not. I am not going to discuss Aspergers, which was recently taken off the Autism spectrum. These adults today quite possibly are sitting in the cubicle right next to you at work. Yes, they also may be very high functioning. I've worked with low functioning Autistic adults in homes also. They all not only had Autism but other mental disabilities as well.

Should we stop testing children simply to decrease the numbers? Let's go back to the good old days of the 50's just so we do not blame vaccines, or even look for the CAUSE, especially if that cause might not be what some want? "Don't blame ME?"

Old 02-02-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The majority of the parents whose children I worked with never made the connection of vaccination to Autism, so they would never seek vaccine injury in the first place.

How to decrease the numbers (plus save $$$$)? Stop testing the kids for Autism. That is what the public school where I used to work did. The children would be tested in Kindergarten if there was a suspicion of Autism. No, more. The school would no longer test until they were at least 8 years old. If a parent wanted to test their own child outside of school earlier, then they could do and pay for it themselves.

Horrible idea. That meant these children would be mainstreamed and not get the early intervention they so needed and were required by law to get.

I grew up in the 50's. Sure, the very low functioning were put in institutions. The rest weren't. The "weird" kids as one posted said? By whose standards are they weird? The "popular" kids would call the class Nerd (like a Bill Gates?) "weird". The student who was very quiet and had only a small circle of friends? Weird? The boy who only wore bow ties to school? Weird? Were these the "weird" Autistic children back then? Perhaps, perhaps not. I am not going to discuss Aspergers, which was recently taken off the Autism spectrum. These adults today quite possibly are sitting in the cubicle right next to you at work. Yes, they also may be very high functioning. I've worked with low functioning Autistic adults in homes also. They all not only had Autism but other mental disabilities as well.

Should we stop testing children simply to decrease the numbers? Let's go back to the good old days of the 50's just so we do not blame vaccines, or even look for the CAUSE, especially if that cause might not be what some want? "Don't blame ME?"
I agree, we should get the help they need young and like yo I think people need to be educated so they stop bullying the kids and adults. I saw that Aspergers was taken off and they are all "Autistic" with severity depending on where they fall on the spectrum.

I get very disheartened when ever I start talking about turning over every stone looking for a cause to these disorders. I wish money was no object but sadly it is. When there is money involved there are those who do anything to protect it.

But, glad to see some are persistent and didn't stop until they were awarded. I heard the parents went through hell getting through the case. I can only imagine.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:06 AM

Here are the parents of Hanna, one a Neurosurgeon and one a nurse, talking about the court case. They also talk about how many other parents have the same outcome but are just not being looked at or believed. Like you said Jo48, some just not reported because their doctors assure them of no relationship to the vaccine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Ru-Tp27AM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine