Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 09:20 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,610,711 times

Advertisements

Family to Receive $1.5M+ in First-Ever Vaccine-Autism Court Award - CBS News

"The first court award in a vaccine-autism claim is a big one. CBS News has learned the family of Hannah Poling will receive more than $1.5 million dollars for her life care; lost earnings; and pain and suffering for the first year alone." cbs

I think this says something. They wouldn't be willing to give this much in comps for nothing. I posted this here because I know some in the alternative med crowd have been concerned about the amount of vaccines given and their side effects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 09:30 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,037,940 times
So the anti-vaccine crowd now is going to rush out and get their children vaccinated in case of a huge windfall?

Old 01-28-2016, 01:59 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
So the anti-vaccine crowd now is going to rush out and get their children vaccinated in case of a huge windfall?
Read the article.

In acknowledging Hannah's injuries, the government said vaccines aggravated an unknown mitochondrial disorder Hannah had which didn't "cause" her autism, but "resulted" in it.

There are very few people who have this disorder so no, people are not going to go out and get their kids vaccinated in hopes that the kid will develop autism. As if anyone wants their child to have autism for any amount of money.

This money is for the damage and for the ongoing treatment.

No one knows what causes autism but there seems to be an epidemic of it. NINE vaccines all at once? That seems like a lot to me, a lot of challenge to the immune system. I'm all for vaccinations but I wish they could be spread out over a period of time. No, there is no PROOF that getting nine vaccines at once causes anything but I'd rather err on the side of safety until there is proof that no damage is done by such a challenge.

Maybe the junk food that is so prevalent these days causes autism. No one really knows what all those non food additives are doing to kids.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:54 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,773,199 times
I also agree on so many vaccines given to a newborn....absolutey insane as I see it.

I've followed this issue for years and have read many theories and one is the onslaught of ultrasounds on the unborn that has been going on for many decades now.

I worked in a private school for some yrs and the healthiest children were the two boys of a chiro parent, they did not vaccinate. I've lost contact but often wonder about these children and family.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:15 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Family to Receive $1.5M+ in First-Ever Vaccine-Autism Court Award - CBS News

"The first court award in a vaccine-autism claim is a big one. CBS News has learned the family of Hannah Poling will receive more than $1.5 million dollars for her life care; lost earnings; and pain and suffering for the first year alone." cbs

I think this says something. They wouldn't be willing to give this much in comps for nothing. I posted this here because I know some in the alternative med crowd have been concerned about the amount of vaccines given and their side effects.
This case does not mean vaccines cause autism.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...ccinationists/

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Read the article.

In acknowledging Hannah's injuries, the government said vaccines aggravated an unknown mitochondrial disorder Hannah had which didn't "cause" her autism, but "resulted" in it.

There are very few people who have this disorder so no, people are not going to go out and get their kids vaccinated in hopes that the kid will develop autism. As if anyone wants their child to have autism for any amount of money.

This money is for the damage and for the ongoing treatment.

No one knows what causes autism but there seems to be an epidemic of it. NINE vaccines all at once? That seems like a lot to me, a lot of challenge to the immune system. I'm all for vaccinations but I wish they could be spread out over a period of time. No, there is no PROOF that getting nine vaccines at once causes anything but I'd rather err on the side of safety until there is proof that no damage is done by such a challenge.

Maybe the junk food that is so prevalent these days causes autism. No one really knows what all those non food additives are doing to kids.
More and more evidence is accumulating that autism is genetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I also agree on so many vaccines given to a newborn....absolutey insane as I see it.

I've followed this issue for years and have read many theories and one is the onslaught of ultrasounds on the unborn that has been going on for many decades now.

I worked in a private school for some yrs and the healthiest children were the two boys of a chiro parent, they did not vaccinate. I've lost contact but often wonder about these children and family.
There is no evidence that obstetrical ultrasound causes autism.

The only vaccine given to newborns is the hepatitis B vaccine.

Unvaccinated children are not healthier than vaccinated children. The only difference is that they get more vaccine preventable diseases.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:37 PM

Interesting, and I think genetics could be involved, but autism didn't used to be common at all. Genetics were definitely involved in the above example.

Not wanting to get into an argument about how it was always there but never reported--but many of my family members were teachers, social workers, or school counselors back in the 1950s and none of them ever knew of anyone with autism. They knew of kids with other disorders and they knew of families who had kids in institutions but it was not because of anything that resembled autism.

It probably did exist but was very rare. I do believe something has been going on these past several decades that is causing it but I don't know what that *something* is. It could be junk food, junk that's fed to little kids. It could be almost anything, but it seems to be something that didn't exist back in the 1950s. Autism started becoming almost commonplace in more recent years. Some kids are more genetically predisposed to it but no one knows why so many kids are getting it.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:50 PM

http://www.autism-society.org/what-is/causes/

Other researchers are investigating the possibility that under certain conditions, a cluster of unstable genes may interfere with brain development, resulting in autism. Still other researchers are investigating problems during pregnancy or delivery as well as environmental factors such as viral infections, metabolic imbalances and exposure to chemicals.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:51 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,773,199 times
No arguments from me either but like to put out info as I've read so much from others who know so much more than I'll ever know. And there are no definites for sure. There were no ultrasounds in my birth, but I was born at home, I almost forgot that. Don't think ultrasounds in my child's birth..but I know my daughter did them for her two children as they knew the gender early on.

I had even suggested homebirthing to my daughter but she's wrapped up in modern science and wouldn't think of it. At that time I was thinking of becoming a doula but didn't go with it. Now it costs $100,000's to bring a baby into the world.

Questions about Prenatal Ultrasound and the Alarming Increase in Autism - by Caroline Rodgers

Last edited by jaminhealth; 01-28-2016 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: add

Old 01-28-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Interesting, and I think genetics could be involved, but autism didn't used to be common at all. Genetics were definitely involved in the above example.

Not wanting to get into an argument about how it was always there but never reported--but many of my family members were teachers, social workers, or school counselors back in the 1950s and none of them ever knew of anyone with autism. They knew of kids with other disorders and they knew of families who had kids in institutions but it was not because of anything that resembled autism.

It probably did exist but was very rare. I do believe something has been going on these past several decades that is causing it but I don't know what that *something* is. It could be junk food, junk that's fed to little kids. It could be almost anything, but it seems to be something that didn't exist back in the 1950s. Autism started becoming almost commonplace in more recent years. Some kids are more genetically predisposed to it but no one knows why so many kids are getting it.
The diagnosis is increasing because doctors look for it and the label gets children access to support and educational opportunities.

Teachers, counselors, and social workers did not see these children sixty years ago because they were not in school. Many were in institutions for "mentally retarded" or just kept at home - and mostly out of sight. Some of those kids your family members knew who were in institutions just had autism without the label. My husband's best childhood friend obviously has high functioning autism - and he is over 70 years old. He was just considered to be a weird kid.

People have had poor diets forever. Junk food does not cause autism.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/852193

Old 01-28-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
No arguments from me either but like to put out info as I've read so much from others who know so much more than I'll ever know. And there are no definites for sure. There were no ultrasounds in my birth, but I was born at home, I almost forgot that. Don't think ultrasounds in my child's birth..but I know my daughter did them for her two children as they knew the gender early on.

I had even suggested homebirthing to my daughter but she's wrapped up in modern science and wouldn't think of it. At that time I was thinking of becoming a doula but didn't go with it. Now it costs $100,000's to bring a baby into the world.

Questions about Prenatal Ultrasound and the Alarming Increase in Autism - by Caroline Rodgers
Ultrasounds don't cause autism

Normal prenatal care and delivery does not cost $100,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine