Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 08:38 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times

Advertisements

I remember now my chiropractor buddy, in the 90s had a marriage issue and a throat issue.
So he goes to a Metaphysical Fair, goes to a friend of mine that says,
Go buy a quartz crystal necklace.

He does. His wife thinks a women gave it to him, funny.
BUT, what happened, even through his doubt in woo-woo...he was
able to express himself more ---
2 things happened ---All his throat issues vanished, *they were all blocked - as in, the saying
all choked up, or swallowing your feelings....
And 2 - they divorced!
Hahahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 08:49 AM

But, the first time I ever opened to clear quartz crystal necklaces was in Chapel Hills NC, USA.
I was thinking of moving there from NYC - 1986 -

I went to a quiet, afternoon, fancy, upscale bar - I was told a old acquaintance of mine from years before

had a husband as the bartender there.
Well, there he was - 6 children now and SO handsome, Omg.

I asked about his crystal necklace, (a guy, ya know?)
He tells me how driving home each night a long ways away - he would think about some of these women
who hit on him...He loved Janice -he didn't want to!

So someone told him a crystal necklace would 'strengthen his aura'.
He said - He never thinks of these women anymore!!
He was very pleased.

THAT was the moment I said, 'Huh, what d'ya know?'
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't EVEN ask me what it was like forgetting to put on my necklace and driving for 3 hrs
with my mother one time!!!! Don't.

Most people that are skeptical ---just have never even tried crystals.
It's very easy to experiment for your self.
I wholeheartedly believe in that.

Old 10-25-2020, 03:34 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
Since last posting 3 yrs ago, I haven't done any research about gemstones/healing stones. I have bought a couple of stone bracelets, but not for healing, but just for fashion/color purposes.

I may attend another gem show & possibly buy something because they were interesting & I liked it, but due to COVID, they won't be here for a while now.

Old 10-26-2020, 05:11 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,214,784 times
What is the process by which they affect one's health?

Old 10-26-2020, 07:56 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post

Some people like to just keep one in their pockets when they carry on w/ their day. Others wear jewelry made from this material. Some drink water from the jewels that are in a separate compartment in the water bottle. Here's 1 such site:

https://gem-water.com/

Here's the intro of a certain source & then a few of many sources that you can look up.

"In ancient Egypt and other cultures from antiquity, people believed gemstones had a wide array of health benefits. In modern times, gemstones are mainly used for ornamental purposes. However, some people still believe you can receive health bonuses from certain gemstones and minerals. Some use gemstones as part of their spiritual practices to restore energy fields, gain peace, and promote love and safety. In some belief systems, gemstones are placed on certain areas of the body, called “chakras,” to promote healing. In other systems, gaining health benefits from gemstones can be as simple as wearing a piece of jewelry made with a specific gem."

https://www.gemsociety.org/article/g...alth-benefits/

Information on Health with Gemstones

https://www.kensujewelry.com/pages/t...their-benefits

Old 10-27-2020, 03:55 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,120,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Being very new to the entire subject, that's where I get skeptical.
HOW do crystals "heal?" or make a person "feel" or believe" differently?

What effect does a crystal have that my sock wouldn't have -- IF I BELIEVED the sock had the same effect or "energy" as the crystals?

Is there any SCIENCE (not based on self-reporting) to support health effects of crystals?

Old 10-27-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Being very new to the entire subject, that's where I get skeptical.
HOW do crystals "heal?" or make a person "feel" or believe" differently?

Is there any SCIENCE (not based on self-reporting) to support health effects of crystals?
Skepticiam is good! Closed and not open ..not so good, tho.

Dunno about science...I go with my personal experience. ...(first, inspired by stories where I believe
the person tho....perks my interest.)

Like I said...drink some alcohol (at home, not driving) ...even mix wine, beer, vodka...get to a point where the room is spinning.
Close your eyes, it's worse...open, not much better. Ha!
Hold a good size smokey quartz -a pound or more....close your eyes, open your eyes ...NO spin.
Set it down....Close your eyes, open them ---spinning like a ship in a storm!

Do it a few times.

Direct, personal exp is what I go on...that's why I respect atheists...Hey, if you haven't directly exp'd God...why believe in One? I say.

Healing often comes from just balancing yourself, (with a crystal if you want) ...a peaceful state is the first step to any healing, I say.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:52 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Rather than repeating everything I said in this other thread, I will link to it. There in that link at the top right, there is another link to the whole thread it appears in.

It is said that crystals can be 'programmed' to contain an intention so it may be a good idea to wash any you buy in running water and to leave them in the sun for a while and at the same time keep in mind that you intend to erase all previous intentions within the stone.

For those skeptics and science-types, I would encourage you to do your own investigations rather than believing what science tells you. It is easy to fix on an 'authority' and to believe what they say without question, but it takes more effort and thought to question and consider what your authority is telling you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine