Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 08:20 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times

Advertisements

I went to a couple of gem stores recently because I wanted to see what they had for respiratory issues and I have something similar to asthma, but it's not asthma. For things similar to respiratory problems, it's said to get:

malachite
tiger's eye
morganite
peridot
lapis lazuli

My mom got me a lapis lazuli bracelet, which is a nice blue color. They say some people swear by stone/gems, but it seems to be a LOT more mind over matter...what the person believes. It's interesting how certain stones may help with things.

I should start doing a little research. I have to watch out because I was told some gems have asbestos embedded in them, but that it's within the layers of the rock & won't do harm unless you filed the powders & ate/inhaled it. But still, I don't want to get any gems containing any harmful content to them. I know there are gem fairs at certain venues & I'm going to one in a couple of weeks for the very first time, so I'm excited to check it out! So if you guys know what gems are good to get, please let me know.

Do you believe in all that kind of stuff? Do you keep gems, healing stones, etc. w/ you?

Anyone knows of anything else specifically for respiratory/lungs issues?
Also, how about for OVERALL health?

Last edited by Forever Blue; 06-08-2017 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 01:47 PM

48,523 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Absolutely. Gold, diamonds, gemstones, pearls..... they all make me feel very good.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-08-2017, 02:03 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Forever Blue...have you gone over to the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
group here. You'll probably get more comments. I have a pendulum post over there and love my rose quartz pendulum and work with it about every day for something I'd like to know from my body energy.

I had an interest in gemstones and crystals, etc years ago. I still have a couple around my apt.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:11 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Absolutely. Gold, diamonds, gemstones, pearls..... they all make me feel very good.
Absolutely, and those gemstones make me feel even better when they're surrounded by 14K, or 18K gold.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:32 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, me too. I just inherited a gorgeous huge diamond solitaire ring - and I swear it has healing properties! I feel relaxed and almost hypnotized every time I see it twinkle in the light.....

Old 06-09-2017, 03:44 AM

4,939 posts, read 3,314,385 times
For respiratory issues as in lack of air/congestion is not stones but some essential oils might bring some relief I use eucalyptus essential oil and lavender e.o. for this. You need aromatherapy good grade quality essential oils for healing.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:31 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times
Thanks to those who make serious comments.

The way I feel about the gems, is that it shouldn't be anything sinful, demonic, etc. about them because gems are all natural from the earth & God created earth, so it shouldn't be anything bad. My mom practices meditation and tai chi for health purposes solely. So, it's not like we depend on them and nothing else or anything close to that. Our faith is in God and we only pray to Him.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:18 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
We have twin brothers who live in our apt bldg and the one that I've become good friends with is very spiritual, goes on meditation weekends and just so unlike his twin who is very out there in the more material world. Materials are fine but extremes another thing. Turns out their mother who is only in her 50's is very much in the metaphysical world of holistic healing, meditation, stones etc. Jason is such a pleasure to know and he's so young with an old soul.

I use quite a few E.O.'s.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:57 PM

3,299 posts, read 3,025,823 times
I feel that acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, or homeopathy are all more effective than crystals for actual physical illness. In my experience, crystals are more useful for energetic and emotional healing than as a remedy for physical ailments.

I do a lot of energy clearings for people, and I work with crystals, but IMO, physical illness always begins in the auric field and can be remedied at that point far more easily than after it has become entrenched in the much denser physical body.

I have known shamanic work, prayers, and candle work to help with physical ailments, though.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:05 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
I feel that acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, or homeopathy are all more effective than crystals for actual physical illness. In my experience, crystals are more useful for energetic and emotional healing than as a remedy for physical ailments.

I do a lot of energy clearings for people, and I work with crystals, but IMO, physical illness always begins in the auric field and can be remedied at that point far more easily than after it has become entrenched in the much denser physical body.

I have known shamanic work, prayers, and candle work to help with physical ailments, though.
I KNOW that acupuncture can work dramatically. That's from personal experience. I don't even think of acupuncture as alternative but I guess it has to go under the alternative label because no one has been able to prove how it works.

Acupressure, reflexology probably work but I don't know for sure. I don't think they would have such a pronounced effect as acupuncture does. Homeopathy works for certain but only if performed by someone who really, really knows what they are doing. Too many practitioners read a book and think they know what they're doing.

Crystals. I don't think so. I moved away from one place about 20 years ago because, for one thing, I got so tired of all the signs advertising crystal healing. It was like a cult and I really hate to think of someone carrying a stone around, thinking it's helping them to heal.

It might help as much as a shaman used to help the Native Americans, more like a mind over matter effect, placebo, trust, faith.

I'll add one more strange thing that worked (surprisingly) for me: cranial ?? I don't know what you call it but I had a terrible aching pain. The practitioner pressed on different parts of my body and got me talking about things until suddenly I was crying. He asked my why I was crying and I told him of the horrible event that was causing me so much pain. I think he pressed that physically painful area while I was crying and the pain vanished forever. He said I was holding the emotional pain in the nerves? in that area.

THAT (whatever it's called) released the muscle? tension. It even makes sense when you think about it. When we say someone is a "pain in the neck"--you are converting the emotional pain into physical pain. This guy's therapy got to the root of the pain. It was emotionally caused, and he released it somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine