Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 01:53 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if the person had three health issues. But those three pills caused three other health issues, and the other six pills were for the other side effects causes by the first five pills.
I think that's about the sum of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 03:05 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times
Kannaway? Anyone know anything about it?

Old 08-30-2017, 09:55 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,238 times
can i ask a question here (didn't read the whole thread) - can someone please explain the difference between marijuana and CBD oil? and how they relate to each other?

Old 08-30-2017, 10:57 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bell235 View Post
can i ask a question here (didn't read the whole thread) - can someone please explain the difference between marijuana and CBD oil? and how they relate to each other?
There is no THC in CBD oil.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-30-2017, 01:40 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,336,915 times
The THC, the stuff that makes you high, is removed. This is why CBD oil is legal in all 50 states.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:44 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,557,894 times
Quote:
Marijauana is the plant (mainly the buds) which contains a whole host of chemicals including THC and CBD along with a bunch of other cannabinoids and terpenes. THC is the chemical responsible for the "high."

CBD oil, depending how it is made or extracted, contains little to no THC.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:57 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,254,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There is no THC in CBD oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
The THC, the stuff that makes you high, is removed. This is why CBD oil is legal in all 50 states.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Marijauana is the plant (mainly the buds) which contains a whole host of chemicals including THC and CBD along with a bunch of other cannabinoids and terpenes. THC is the chemical responsible for the "high."

CBD oil, depending how it is made or extracted, contains little to no THC.

Thank you. so it's the CBD oil in marijuana that provides benefits? for example - if someone smokes marijuana for pain relief or for insomnia relief - is it the "CBD" helping or the THC... or a combination of everything?

Old 08-30-2017, 02:42 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,336,915 times
Quote:
Thank you. so it's the CBD oil in marijuana that provides benefits? for example - if someone smokes marijuana for pain relief or for insomnia relief - is it the "CBD" helping or the THC... or a combination of everything?
Some swear that CBD oil gives them relief from whatever ailment. Some don't see any improvement with CBD oil. I use CBD oil on my chemo infusion day and can't say for sure if it helps. I do know that my side effects aren't severe. Who knows? It may be doing something. I don't want to stop taking it...just in case.

Marijuana as a whole can help with appetite for those dealing with cancer. I've not had any issues with losing mine. Again, could be because I'm using CBD on infusion day.

Thus is where actual studies are helping to determine the benefits.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:09 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,633,644 times
Quote:
I'd be inclined to say they both interact for pain relief. It's thought that with a more even level of THC and CBD (for smoking), the CBD tends to cancel or reduce the effects of the THC, making the high less intense and a lot smoother. It's worth noting that you will get a buzz from it, just not a highly intense buzz. I've used high CBD with low THC, and notice very little of a buzz. It seems that the greater percentage of CBD, the less the effect from low THC. I think an advantage of having a slight buzz can better give you a quicker sense that it's working and easier to gauge how much is enough, and enable you to adjust the amount a little more or a little less accordingly if necessary.
How THC and CBD Work Together | Pure Analytics Blog

CBD can provide benefits for a number of conditions, including pain. However, for some people, THC can help provide greater pain relief perhaps because the person is so relaxed that the pain is less noticeable. But higher levels of THC can cause anxiety with some people. There are loads of hybrid strains of marijuana plants that have different amounts of THC and CBD. Some plants may be higher in CBD and much lower in THC. Also, there are different species of cannabis, generally: cannabis sativa, cannabis indica and cannabis ruderalis. Hemp belongs to cannabis sativa, but is extremely low in THC and is more useful for industrial purposes rather than for consumption, although it is thought by some to have some medicinal benefits, probably not as much as CBD oil though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp_oil

In general, c. sativa is more of a heady or trippy high, and c. indica is a different kind of high, but better for helping induce relaxation. C. ruderalis is a smaller plant, matures more quickly, and generally has lower levels of THC and higher levels of CBD.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_ruderalis

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis...abis-and-sleep

On the other hand, I use a lotion that's higher in THC and lower in CBD (about 4 to 1), and can feel pain relief within a few minutes. Because the lotion is a topical that's applied to the skin, it doesn't give any feeling of being high at all as can occur from smoking or consuming cannabis. But I can definitely feel the pain itself quickly reduce.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:41 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Which reminds me I picked-up a vape of marijuana that is specific for inflammation which I haven't tried.

Did try the one for relaxation and one for sleep. One caused my brain to cycle too much, but the other knocked me out.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine