Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 10:47 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times

Advertisements

Learn something new ALMOST every day....

Today it was about clay packs and reducing inflammation and a host of other issues that these clay treatments can be used for. I just happen to have a jar of Aztec Healing Clay that I bought last year when my knee was starting to get really bad and then things went in another direction for me, hospital/rehabs.

Today my integrative MD looked at my knee and yes, she agreed it's swollen and to use either castor oil packs or clay packs...so clay packs it will be starting tomorrow...here's hoping this process will pull out impurities that causing my knee to be so swollen and arthritic.

https://www.hawaiinaturopathicretrea...ay-treatments/

It's sure easy enough, make a paste of the clay powder and either warm water (not tap) or ACV and I'll use ACV I believe.

The link is very informative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2017, 12:27 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,928 times
That was an informative article Jamin and thanks for sharing. I had no idea that clay could do so much. I was wondering how it would work to help my spouse. Periodically, his lower leg turns red and his foot swells. He has trouble walking on it. I've asked him to go to the Dr, but he never does. Just like with your knee, a paste of clay and ACV might bring him some relief.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
That was an informative article Jamin and thanks for sharing. I had no idea that clay could do so much. I was wondering how it would work to help my spouse. Periodically, his lower leg turns red and his foot swells. He has trouble walking on it. I've asked him to go to the Dr, but he never does. Just like with your knee, a paste of clay and ACV might bring him some relief.
It certainly can't hurt and there are many other info links on this OLD remedy as well. Mainstream docs would never suggest this. Give it a try and never know, I'm going to and not just one pack...I'll do it for a while..there are many reviews on it too on iherb from those who use mud packs.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:49 PM

Ok, did my first knee mudpack. Learned something, next time will not pack it so thick and keep it on for maybe 15 minutes, it felt good and my knee feels cooler and I'll do it again over the weekend. Used 1 T healing clay and splash of ACV.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Ok, did my first knee mudpack. Learned something, next time will not pack it so thick and keep it on for maybe 15 minutes, it felt good and my knee feels cooler and I'll do it again over the weekend. Used 1 T healing clay and splash of ACV.
Well good luck with that and I hope it will help heal your knee. When you mention healing clay, where do you buy it? It's probably in the local vitamin stores, but I haven't looked yet.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Well good luck with that and I hope it will help heal your knee. When you mention healing clay, where do you buy it? It's probably in the local vitamin stores, but I haven't looked yet.
This is the one I happened to buy last year. Many report results for facial packs too.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Aztec-Secre...lb-454-g/29363

Old 10-19-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This is the one I happened to buy last year. Many report results for facial packs too.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Aztec-Secre...lb-454-g/29363
Thanks for the link! There are lots of different clays for sale and the price is much cheaper than I thought. The Aztec one that you use is a full pound and with using a spoon or two each time, should last for many months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine