Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 06:07 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Not looking for a table.

Looking for a link to a news report that does not include the 800,000+ figure.

Only reports deaths that occurred in 2022. Since, you know, it's 2022.

TIA.
You asked, "When are they going to start counting them by year like every other illness?"

I provided the info, now you say you are looking for something entirely different.

The 2022 figures are at the same link, by week.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...ng-D/r8kw-7aab
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 06:46 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You asked, "When are they going to start counting them by year like every other illness?"
Again, looking for a news report that is not counting every death since the beginning of time, but is reporting them like every other illness ... by year. 2022. Since it is 2022.

I'm sorry you don't understand that. It's not hard to follow, so I'm not sure exactly what you are misunderstanding. Or why you keep replying since you aren't answering my question.

Weird.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Again, looking for a news report that is not counting every death since the beginning of time, but is reporting them like every other illness ... by year. 2022. Since it is 2022.

I'm sorry you don't understand that. It's not hard to follow, so I'm not sure exactly what you are misunderstanding. Or why you keep replying since you aren't answering my question.

Weird.
Why do you demand a "news report"? Where do you think the "news reports" get their data.

I gave you a link to 2022 data, which, of course includes only two months of (incomplete) data.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:44 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,357,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
Well, with 896,000 deaths in the U.S. due to Covid, seems like a little fear might be justified. But glad to hear your personal, anecdotal experience has been largely benign.
Out of those deaths, I would bet a huge majority of them resulted from their underlying medical conditions and not from Covid at al. Covid may have been the last straw but that was it. It seems to attack people who are vulnerable medically. And the older population. I think the virus, while it is highly contagious, is a big nothing burger. I had it. My entire family had it. Many people I know had it. Absolutely zero we’re hospital prized or came close to anything dangerous.

Old 02-08-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Out of those deaths, I would bet a huge majority of them resulted from their underlying medical conditions and not from Covid at al. Covid may have been the last straw but that was it. It seems to attack people who are vulnerable medically. And the older population. I think the virus, while it is highly contagious, is a big nothing burger. I had it. My entire family had it. Many people I know had it. Absolutely zero we’re hospital prized or came close to anything dangerous.
The underlying illness makes them vulnerable, but the virus bumps them off.

If not for the virus, many of those people would still be alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine