Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 07:58 PM

7 posts, read 53,026 times

Advertisements

Due to business I need to move to Argentina. If you live there or have lived there I need some advise on a safe, economical and nice area to live in Argentina. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 01:43 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,031,688 times
I love Mendoza. It is a lovely city, within view of the Andes. Very mild climate, neither hot nor cold.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:43 PM

Thank you for the info. Have you lived there? Is it a safe city? Do you have an idea of how much is the cost of life there? Is there like a particular subdivision that you would recommend? I have a 16 year old teenager at home. Thanks again.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:38 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,031,688 times
I mostly just passed through Mendoza a few times, with an overnight stop. I spent some time in San Martin de los Andes, a smaller town down near Bariloche, and there were teenagers always hanging around my friend's house, and I think a normal well-behaved American teenager would have loved it there. Argentina is a very civilized country, with no real crime to be worried about. Teenagers in Argentina are not caught up in the generation gap---there is good rapport between teens and adults. Teens there (and elsewhere in Latin America) feel very protected, and are not afraid of "pervs". It's not a concept that they think much about.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:18 PM

526 posts, read 1,757,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqueee View Post
Due to business I need to move to Argentina. If you live there or have lived there I need some advise on a safe, economical and nice area to live in Argentina. Thanks.
I sure hope you are not getting paid in peso... or you will be in for a real surprise.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:36 PM

jtur88:

Thanks for the information. For me is very important the well being of my son.

jja100:

No, we are investing on project to produce olive oil and everything is in US$$$$$$$!!!.

If somebody has an idea of the cost of living in Argentina. As of how much do you need to rent an apartment, how much do you spend in food and gas, etc per month. Thanks for all the useful information.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiqueee View Post
jtur88:

Thanks for the information. For me is very important the well being of my son.

jja100:

No, we are investing on project to produce olive oil and everything is in US$$$$$$$!!!.

If somebody has an idea of the cost of living in Argentina. As of how much do you need to rent an apartment, how much do you spend in food and gas, etc per month. Thanks for all the useful information.

Thank god. Ok, now that you have US dollar you are good. Right now you get about 3.8 peso. Good thing about having US dollar down there is that as inflation rises... Americans are hedged with the US dollar.

It depends on where you go. Mendoza is cheaper than BA. You can get a decent place for 500/month and that usually includes utilities. Utilities are really cheap in BA. $10/mo for electiricity, 6 for gas, 8 for water. Maids are cheap if you need them... 2-300/month is plenty. If you can avoid buying property until you are situated financially it would be the best thing for you. Once you buy you pretty much will never be able to sell but it definately saves you on monthly expenses. Food is about 200/person. It has gone up because of the agricultural trouble down there. Used to be 100 about 5 years ago. Things are creaping up on price but most things are cheap. Healthcare is about 50 bucks/person /month with full coverage and no co-pay or deductible. Good luck and I hope I helped.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:14 PM

14 posts, read 34,072 times
I heard Mar Del Plata has interesting stuff.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSG View Post
I heard Mar Del Plata has interesting stuff.
Mar Del Plata are where all the Canadian snow birds are. Since the seasons are the opposite between the northern and southern hemispheres, they all go down their to their winter homes for the summer

Old 07-28-2009, 09:10 PM

Thanks everybody for the great information. It gives me an idea of what to expect when I get there. If anybody has information about good schools and universities would be greatly appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas