Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2014, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 952 times

Advertisements

I've been looking into cities I'd like to live for years now and I can't seem to find the right one. I have had many ideas of places for years and I don't know what would suit me the most. I want somewhere that's not brutally cold, doesn't have seasons ( I can deal with it constantly being chilly like Vancouver or Seattle), has a film industry (that's what I'd work in), isnt terribly expensive, and isn't too dangerous. I currently live in the northeast United States and I can say that I hate living in this region. I have previously considered Los Angeles (saw how expensive it was), Vancouver (again it seems very expensive, Orlando (film industry is depleting quickly), Albuquerque (not really much to do and I don't really see myself liking it, Houston (not too sure about living here), and areas around Australia. I'm very open to the idea of living outside of the United States. I'll be living alone regardless of where I end up living, so any details about smaller housing (studio apartment would be fine) costs and availability would be nice. I'm open to any suggestions of locations or details concerning or supporting any of the cities I've listed. I'll appreciate all opinions or responses given
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 06:42 AM

231 posts, read 396,028 times
Cities are complex beasts. You can't write off a region with a word. LA might be expensive, for example, but it's the second biggest metro area in the US. All those people are making it somehow. Just go where you feel the biggest draw.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:42 AM

64 posts, read 83,408 times
Working in the film industry already limits your options. Take a look on options where this industry is growing. For example, where are the new Netflix shows being filmed? What about Amazon Prime Shows? I don't know if they are all in LA, or Amazon might be in Seattle...

Seattle is getting very expensive by the way. The area is booming..
You might want to look into studios outside the downtown core.

Now, about the film industry in South America.. I really don't know much.. Sao Paulo and Rio are expensive cities to live, and not very safe. Maybe some place in Argentina or Chile?

Old 04-23-2014, 11:00 AM

32,764 posts, read 48,473,397 times
Film industry? Try Romania. It's cheap to live there, as a bonus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas