Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 03:55 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,245,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am Brazilian-American, I have lived here in the USA for a long time and as much as I think some Colombian women may be attractive, they are big drama queens, possessive and jealous.

I could never have a relationship with someone like that because life is too short to be a daily episode of a telenovela. Too much drama.
well you just described most of latin-america to a "T" and you're Brazilian so you oughta knowas much! It's true latinas are beautiful ( I know because I am in love with an Argentine women that I married 7 years ago now ) and full of drama, but they also make "excellent" wives and mothers. Very nurturing and family orineted, socially conservative and traditional.

They do, however tend to get jealous and are very territorial of those they love, especially their children, husbands and family. But they are very affectionate and passionate. You'll never meet a more passionate woman than a woman from latin-america....it's true.

Latinas always dress "beautiful" and my wife outdresses me everytime. Even if they are just going to the Supermarket it's, tight jeans, high heels, hair is perfect, perfume make-up, huge hoop ear-rings....what more could a guy want. Latinas always go out in style!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
What makes someone cultures? Why don't you like to speak Spanish? Is the language infective? Hmm so many questions...

For some people, learning a 2nd language is very difficult and one could easily feel "left-out" of alot of interraction.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:43 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,318 times
Quote:
I am Brazilian-American, I have lived here in the USA for a long time and as much as I think some Colombian women may be attractive, they are big drama queens, possessive and jealous.

I could never have a relationship with someone like that because life is too short to be a daily episode of a telenovela. Too much drama.

The men are JUST as dramatic, especially Brazilian men. Sometimes I wonder, what did I get myself into? Lol

I am too Americanized for that drama crap and really don't have a lot of patience for it.

Last edited by rosa surf; 09-03-2014 at 10:17 PM..

Old 09-03-2014, 11:44 PM

102 posts, read 190,686 times
A lot of american men (gringos) are travelling to colombia for sex tourism. These type of men see colombian women as hookers. Me personally i feel colombian girls are very actractive but the women tend to be a bit golddiguerish [MOD CUT/English only]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-04-2014 at 07:35 AM..

Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
The men are JUST as dramatic, especially Brazilian men. Sometimes I wonder, what did I get myself into? Lol

I am too Americanized for that drama crap and really don't have a lot of patience for it.
Call me an American wannabe but I can't relate to this overdramatic culture either because I am very logical and rational.

I have never dated a Brazilian woman but what I often hear from American guys who married Brazilian women is that the wife's family interferes with all aspects of their relationship. I can't deal with that!

I lived with my American ex-girlfriend for 7 years and I don't remember her Mom ever expressing any opinion about me or our relationship, she never got involved in any problems we had, needless to say, I still have a very good relationship with her Mom.

Personally, I don't see any benefit in being irrationally dramatic

Old 09-04-2014, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Call me an American wannabe but I can't relate to this overdramatic culture either because I am very logical and rational.

I have never dated a Brazilian woman but what I often hear from American guys who married Brazilian women is that the wife's family interferes with all aspects of their relationship. I can't deal with that!

I lived with my American ex-girlfriend for 7 years and I don't remember her Mom ever expressing any opinion about me or our relationship, she never got involved in any problems we had, needless to say, I still have a very good relationship with her Mom.

Personally, I don't see any benefit in being irrationally dramatic
This is quite true, remember, it's a different culture and they have views on family and independence and marriage and raising children that are very different in many ways, similar in others. Even so, in the states many in-laws can be just as meddlesome. However, with latinos, in many familes, not all, they do take it to a higher level of manipulation, that is for sure! In many latino familes, the father is VERY passive and it's actually the mother who is revered and expects to be treated so. Many mothers here adopt an almost saintly "Virgin Mary" holier than though "Saint mommy" type controlling presence in the family. They manipulate and are very good especially at playing "the victim" so it's true. The mothers here are the ones in my opinion who wear the pants, especially in an Argentine family. And many are very cunning, excellent actors on stage all the way playing the victim while manipulating and pulling the strings of everyone around them.

We've had a few issues with my wifes parents, but for the most part they don't meddle. But, my wifes parents also lived in the US for some years back in the 60's

Old 09-04-2014, 10:51 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,460,054 times
I think most Americans probably never met a Colombian? they would be a minority since there arent that many around, most Americans are more familiar with Mexicans

so they dont really think of Colombians too much

Old 09-04-2014, 12:37 PM

839 posts, read 3,070,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricOldTime View Post
This is quite true, remember, it's a different culture and they have views on family and independence and marriage and raising children that are very different in many ways, similar in others. Even so, in the states many in-laws can be just as meddlesome. However, with latinos, in many familes, not all, they do take it to a higher level of manipulation, that is for sure! In many latino familes, the father is VERY passive and it's actually the mother who is revered and expects to be treated so. Many mothers here adopt an almost saintly "Virgin Mary" holier than though "Saint mommy" type controlling presence in the family. They manipulate and are very good especially at playing "the victim" so it's true. The mothers here are the ones in my opinion who wear the pants, especially in an Argentine family. And many are very cunning, excellent actors on stage all the way playing the victim while manipulating and pulling the strings of everyone around them.

We've had a few issues with my wifes parents, but for the most part they don't meddle. But, my wifes parents also lived in the US for some years back in the 60's
I understand the cultural differences between Latin America and USA, but there are also differences among Latin American countries. One of my ex-gf's is Colombian and when I dated her I really noticed the difference between Argentine and Colombian cultures as regards this. The average Colombian woman is more traditional, conservative, and family-oriented than the Argentine woman, even though though Argentine women are more-family oriented than US women.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
I understand the cultural differences between Latin America and USA, but there are also differences among Latin American countries. One of my ex-gf's is Colombian and when I dated her I really noticed the difference between Argentine and Colombian cultures as regards this. The average Colombian woman is more traditional, conservative, and family-oriented than the Argentine woman, even though though Argentine women are more-family oriented than US women.
I agree. My Argentine wife really is very traditionally conservative, she's the best wife and mom I could ever imagine having. However she is also a very independent women and has three different degrees working with children with learning disabilities. However many argentine women, especially the younger ones are becoming more and more like I would call an american or european women....except that they dress, look and are generally approximately 1000x more sexier...but that's for another thread.

Rural Argentine women remind me very much of Colombian women in many ways, as do Chilenas.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:47 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
Yes all Colombian women are clones. We all behave the same way:

Here is a great representation of our beautiful women who take care of themselves and behave very ladylike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgpAqgBIpdM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas