Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2015, 10:27 PM

40 posts, read 57,414 times

Advertisements

I’m 28 (going on 29) and live with my mother (late 50s), my brother (mid 20s), and our small cairn terrier/chihuahua mix about 19 minutes from Allentown PA. We’re looking to move somewhere else within the states but we’re not sure where and some suggestions would be appreciated?

If I had to put things in order of importance I think it'd go like this:

- Affordable housing and living costs (Same or less than Allentown PA)
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not ok
http://www.city-data.com/city/Allent...nsylvania.html

- Unemployment rate and job opportunities (Same or better than Allentown PA)
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not ok

- No big temperature extremes. It gets pretty hot here some days in summer and winters get pretty cold. Something a little less than that would be nice but even the same would be ok.
Climate Allentown - Pennsylvania and Weather averages Allentown
Climate of Allentown, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- At least one good hospital that isn't too far.

- Low natural disaster risk (or as low as you can get).

- Preferably liberal or at least not too conservative.

- Not a lot of spiders or house centipedes found in homes... or only smaller spiders typically found around houses.

Yes, I know that sounds like I’m looking for a utopia, I don’t expect there to be a place that matches this perfectly, these are just the preferences (based on importance) and I’m interested in getting as close as I can to the ‘ideal’.

The closest I've found so far is Walla Walla Washington. It's a little warmer there in summer and apparently pretty conservative. And these Giant House Spiders that are apparently found in WA in general... not real keen on those as an arachnophobe.

Last edited by Yac; 05-13-2015 at 05:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 05:13 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
I think you need to post this on the General U.S. forum in order to get some replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas