Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 10:02 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,076,825 times

Advertisements

Which of these four would you recommend to study abroad?

Is the cost of living much cheaper than in the U.S? Costa Rica being the most affordable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 11:06 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,336,995 times
I think Costa Rica would be the most affordable because it's in Central America. I wanted to study abroad in Argentina but my parents thought I would party too much in BA so I chose a different country

Old 06-13-2016, 10:10 AM

881 posts, read 924,805 times
Quote:
I think Costa Rica would be the most affordable because it's in Central America.
Not really, it's fairly expensive. All of these countries are relatively expensive, afaik. Argentina would be the less expensive, but they have like 30% inflation, so...

Old 06-13-2016, 01:14 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,732,013 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I think Costa Rica would be the most affordable because it's in Central America. I wanted to study abroad in Argentina but my parents thought I would party too much in BA so I chose a different country
LOL. Where did you end up going instead?

Old 06-19-2016, 05:44 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,948,611 times
Costa Rica really isn't that cheap......
Chile, again, not cheap
Argentina I found to be quite a bit cheaper than Chile
Don't know anything about Uruguay other than that they have a cool flag.

Chile will probably be the safest place to be, also probably the most expensive.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
LOL. Where did you end up going instead?
Chile - Santiago, Im going in late August

Old 06-21-2016, 03:33 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,415,626 times
I recently found out I have a cousin that goes to a University in Chile. I am not that close to her but I recently saw a facebook picture of her with a giant Chilean flag in the background. My first reaction was, what the hell is she doing Texas? The flags look kind of similar. But yeah shes is getting her Masters degree in something, I forget what my uncle said. Chile seems to be a good spot to go to School, I'm meeting more and more people that are visiting Chile these days.

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 06-21-2016 at 05:00 PM..

Old 06-21-2016, 04:43 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,732,013 times
Default Cool...

Quote:
Chile - Santiago, Im going in late August
I don't know that much about Chile, but I do know I love those little red chilian grapes (by far the best ) and my brother had this freind from Chile... we all had a crush on him growing up and he had the coolest accent and the cutest smile . ( Totally sucks when you automatically become off limits to certain guys because they are freinds with your brother or male cousins) .

Old 06-21-2016, 06:16 PM

Oh haha, you shouldn't let that stop you from pursuing your dream I'm already excited about the grapes in Chile, well to be more specific, wine! I actually think Peruvian girls are cuter than Chilean tbh, but oh well, Peru isn't that far away

Old 06-21-2016, 09:10 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,797,031 times
Quote:
Oh haha, you shouldn't let that stop you from pursuing your dream I'm already excited about the grapes in Chile, well to be more specific, wine! I actually think Peruvian girls are cuter than Chilean tbh, but oh well, Peru isn't that far away
Unless you are an outdoorsy person, I wouldn't recommend studying in Costa Rica. Compared to other large Latin American cities, it lacks culture (arts, music, etc...)

If you go to any large to semi-large Latin American city, you will most likely party. Young people party hard in all Latin American countries, that is just a reality. It is the same in Spain, it must have been inherited.

Maybe you should go to Montevideo? Still a big city, still close to BsAs. You also have Punta del Este close by, and you can go to Florianopolis and Iguazu falls too. Uruguay is relatively affordable.

The BEST sandwich you will ever have in your life is a chivito- my mouth waters just thinking about it!

[youtube]ciDbTRoeVdc[/youtube]
[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciDbTRoeVdc[/URL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas