U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-17-2018, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Cebu, Philippines
4,431 posts, read 1,683,451 times
Reputation: 8071

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Of course people do things for inherently selfish reasons as you describe in your first paragraph.

The question is, how much should other sovereign countries make up for the failures of other countries? It is an overriding issue which often leads to wars.
That is up to the administration of each sovereign country, which can be as greedy or altruistic according to its nature, or as cruel or compassionate. I can only speak for my own, which I find to be selfish and exploitative. If you were the natural born citizen of a failed country, how would you evaluate your prospects? Please don't say "I would work harder for my ten cents an hour".

By the way, look at the history of US-Honduras relations, an see if you can guess why Honduras failed.

 
Old 06-17-2018, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Rhode Island
6,854 posts, read 11,125,737 times
Reputation: 6837
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
That is up to the administration of each sovereign country, which can be as greedy or altruistic according to its nature, or as cruel or compassionate. I can only speak for my own, which I find to be selfish and exploitative. If you were the natural born citizen of a failed country, how would you evaluate your prospects? Please don't say "I would work harder for my ten cents an hour".

By the way, look at the history of US-Honduras relations, an see if you can guess why Honduras failed.
I think it's the duty of every citizen to fix their own country first- especially politically- before visiting their problems on another country.

I can only speak to my own country as well which I find has been failing lately in its revamp of immigration policy. Neither of our major parties is accomplishing anything of substance in terms of addressing the current problems. I certainly don't want to wake up and find myself "a natural born citizen of a failed country" because I have already worked very hard over a lifetime to achieve what I have now.

I believe we should be following Australia and New Zealand's examples for immigration and end birthright citizenship immediately.
 
Old 06-20-2018, 04:48 AM
 
Location: Canada
4,811 posts, read 4,443,437 times
Reputation: 3257
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabb View Post
Here in Colombia the media does not really talk too much about the Mexicans and central Americans living in the US and being deported by Trump. (I guess for a Colombian perspective its a foreign issue)

However, recently CNN international showed a documentary about the issue.

It was families mostly from Honduras, it narrated the story of a honduras woman who moved to the US illegally 10 years ago, this is a single young woman, well ten years later she has four kids, between the ages of 1 and 8. She is now risking deportation and her kids will stay in the US.

What are the contributions of this woman to the world? four kids? why would you move ilegally to a country do not learn the language, do not plan anything, just move and have four kids in ten years that you cannot support, and then worry you will be deported and your children taken away?

Am I the only person who gets angry at this kind of people?


Why would you go to another country that is not yours, enter illegally and then have four kids in less than a decade and then lend yourself to a documentary so that they can pity you.

I think its terrible that this is happening but sometimes it is hard to feel empathy.

What kind illegals go there? are they really that poor and uneducated?
Don't worry about what others are doing you


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS0kKVQZKrU
 
Old 06-20-2018, 06:15 AM
 
89 posts, read 44,869 times
Reputation: 123
i dont get it urbanluis

why do you post a video of some BRAINDEAD MORON from colombia

hes a retard, he is ABSOLUTE FILTH.

Last edited by fabb; 06-20-2018 at 06:30 AM..
 
Old 06-20-2018, 07:10 AM
 
63 posts, read 25,629 times
Reputation: 24
The problem is having kids when you're not able to financially be secure for them. I disagree with the concept of anchor babies too.
 
Old 06-20-2018, 09:07 AM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 29 days ago)
 
Location: New Albany, Indiana (Greater Louisville)
9,844 posts, read 21,150,344 times
Reputation: 9420
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
That is up to the administration of each sovereign country, which can be as greedy or altruistic according to its nature, or as cruel or compassionate. I can only speak for my own, which I find to be selfish and exploitative. If you were the natural born citizen of a failed country, how would you evaluate your prospects? Please don't say "I would work harder for my ten cents an hour".

By the way, look at the history of US-Honduras relations, an see if you can guess why Honduras failed.
I think it's fair that the USA make forms of reparations to nations where our needless meddling cause significant issues. But past blunders are no reason to dissolve national boundaries. The best way to improve conditions in poor parts of Latin America would be free trade, including the end of US domestic farm subsidies that developing nation farmers can't fairly compete with. War on Drugs as it exists outside USA boundaries also needs to cease.
 
Old 06-20-2018, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Toronto
6,754 posts, read 3,786,103 times
Reputation: 4619
Thanks for bringing this topic up. It has been weighing on my mind heavily.
I am personally sickened by the idea that they are separating kids from their parents.


Yes uneducated and stupid people have children they can not financially support, but children are EXCEPTIONALLY vulnerable and in most cases the ONLY person that is going to do everything in their power to protect a child from being harmed is their parent.


Yes entering the country illegally is wrong, but what is going on in the USA in regards to this is disgusting and should be stopped. It is just evil. I am scared for these kids. A world with out parents is so dangerous for a child.


The systems set up to protect vulnerable people is plagued with people that are predators.


I think more needs to be done buy governments in these countries to explain to people what happens if they get caught.
 
Old 06-20-2018, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Toronto
6,754 posts, read 3,786,103 times
Reputation: 4619
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthal_Ganesan View Post
The problem is having kids when you're not able to financially be secure for them. I disagree with the concept of anchor babies too.
People do that everywhere.
Irresponsible people are not limited to only certain areas of the world.
 
Old 06-20-2018, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,811 posts, read 4,443,437 times
Reputation: 3257
She didnt write this topic about the Kids being seperated from ther famiies, She was bashing cenral american immigrants.


Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Thanks for bringing this topic up. It has been weighing on my mind heavily.
I am personally sickened by the idea that they are separating kids from their parents.


Yes uneducated and stupid people have children they can not financially support, but children are EXCEPTIONALLY vulnerable and in most cases the ONLY person that is going to do everything in their power to protect a child from being harmed is their parent.


Yes entering the country illegally is wrong, but what is going on in the USA in regards to this is disgusting and should be stopped. It is just evil. I am scared for these kids. A world with out parents is so dangerous for a child.


The systems set up to protect vulnerable people is plagued with people that are predators.


I think more needs to be done buy governments in these countries to explain to people what happens if they get caught.
 
Old 06-20-2018, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Toronto
6,754 posts, read 3,786,103 times
Reputation: 4619
Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
She didnt write this topic about the Kids being seperated from ther famiies, She was bashing cenral american immigrants.
I don't get why anyone really questions why someone living in absolute poverty would risk everything in hopes of having a better life.


It is not middle class or wealthy people that are doing this. It is people that usually have it really rough.


They are pushing forward against all odds and at least trying to achieve something better in life.


Was America not founded on people with this type of mentality?


I understand why the government does not want they slipping in to the country, but what is being done does not feel right. Treating kids like animals does not sit well with me.


Even it that was the initial posters intention .... the rest of us can spin the topic any which way we choose too.


Even criminals should not be treated like animals. These are children for goodness sake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top