Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 12:58 AM

2,383 posts, read 3,104,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Or the HID head lights or obnoxouis exhausts that make tons of noise. I have no issues with a regular pick up, heck I drive one and I am an engineer. I have heard HIDs are going to be illegal soon other than for factory installs so that is super nice.
Oh I have no issue with regular pickups. I've never driven anything else. However, I HATE HID headlights and I would be thrilled they became extinct. I also hate it when people think that 4WD + Blizzaks = Magic. It's still winter, people. Come on.

Hey, that's twice in one day I've agreed with you. Better mark this in my calendar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 06:42 AM

459 posts, read 586,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
How do they get away with being military free, seems like that is a law suit waiting to happen, they must be really discreate about it.

I think its a great idea because a large volume of the lower (E1-E4) and alot of mid ranks (E5-E6 and O1-O3) are the most obnoxious people I have ever met. The E7 and up and O4 and up are nice to be around.

Good grief ... sounds like you're an old sucker and in it for the $$$$$$$$

Old 02-01-2016, 06:44 AM

459 posts, read 586,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceme View Post

Hey, that's twice in one day I've agreed with you. Better mark this in my calendar.

NO - you better get medical attention pronto!

Old 02-01-2016, 12:22 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times
I don't even know what that means lol. BTW I was in the military and E-1 to E-5 were horrid to be around for the most part, there were obviously exceptions. E-6 was a mixed bag. Warrant officers were great. O1 to O-2 maybe O-3 were sometimes right there with the E-5s in terms of not pleasant to be around nor did I feel they had a special competence to justify their attitudes.

You could actually have an intelligent conversation with E-7s and O-4s and up, the lower you went the greater the a** hattery. Screaming for no reason, because "your in the army now boy", really last time I checked I don't need to scream to pull a trigger and end your life or beat you down. No screaming required. Also if your getting shot at you should not be screaming and yelling you should be getting your head down and returning fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexLan View Post
Good grief ... sounds like you're an old sucker and in it for the $$$$$$$$

Old 02-01-2016, 12:27 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,116,882 times
That's because I have good points

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceme View Post
Oh I have no issue with regular pickups. I've never driven anything else. However, I HATE HID headlights and I would be thrilled they became extinct. I also hate it when people think that 4WD + Blizzaks = Magic. It's still winter, people. Come on.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:26 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,521,443 times
I hear the talk about candlepower restrictions and headlight alignment coming for all vehicles. I don't think it will make all HIDs illegal, just ones that are not installed correctly. And HID is so last year, the latest and 100x brighter laser headlights are the new thing. They make HIDs look like my 3W nightlight.

I have no intention of being the test case and I don't even have anything aftermarket on my vehicles either. Not even a replacement brighter incandescent bulb. However, if I lived in the more rural areas or had to go through them, I would have aftermarket lights on a switch so that once I left the roadways I could see. I don't have a problem with aftermarket lighting as long as it isn't used so it blinds me and everyone else. There is a time and place for them and as an example the Glenn highway during rush hour isn't it.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:52 AM

844 posts, read 1,064,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Try looking off the base... (kidding)
Lol good one...

Old 03-30-2016, 03:03 PM

941 posts, read 1,915,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Remember the female mantra for Alaska-- The odds are good, but the goods are odd.
My favorite is when my male friend, who is a commercial fisherman, came back from fishing and asked me if I saw his girlfriend. I jokinly said "Yeah she is with another dude" and he laughed and said "That's ok I will wait for my turn"

Old 09-01-2018, 12:03 PM

191 posts, read 287,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
I was up there for a couple of weeks. I noticed there was a scene happening at one of the higher-end gyms in town. That's where the 20-something and 30-something singles hang out, or one place, anyway, and the gym is a military-free zone. The university has 20-somethings there, too, and some single staff and professors in the 30+ ranges. There are cool singles in the city, you just need to know where to find 'em.

I wonder what gym this was...

Old 09-01-2018, 07:33 PM

79 posts, read 41,867 times
Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
I wonder what gym this was...
military free zone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
View detailed profiles of: