Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:46 AM

531 posts, read 500,154 times

Advertisements

Please don't delete me out because this is not the "personals"...because I would really like to get to know someone from Alaska...I'm A 58 year old female in Fla...and we could certainly talk about the Differences in our weather......scenery...the way life is in our corner of the world!!! I Don't get on a computer a lot...so I'm hoping to get someone who's interested in the lost art of writing a letter!!!! Anyone game??...It might turn out to be fun an find us a fun friendship???? thanks for letting me in herepeach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 09:11 AM

Default once again...

sure would like to converse with someone from time to time about "alaska" Your weather...the sights....Your "way of life"....History...etc. As I live in Florida....it would really be across the U.S.A..... I hope some one will consider and drop over to my direct messages and pick up an address..It would be fun for two people that might have free time to converse on paper!!!!

Old 12-23-2008, 01:50 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,441,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach_Fla View Post
sure would like to converse with someone from time to time about "alaska" Your weather...the sights....Your "way of life"....History...etc. As I live in Florida....it would really be across the U.S.A..... I hope some one will consider and drop over to my direct messages and pick up an address..It would be fun for two people that might have free time to converse on paper!!!!
Most people do not want to give their address to someone over the net that they don't know and rightfully so. Alot of good folks on the forums but one never knows who they are giving personal info out to. You may get further by using DM's; and very few people want to use snail mail anymore (I know I sure don't lol.) E-mail is where its at. Also you might post under the Relationship column asking same thing from anyone from Alaska. Good luck.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:43 PM

402 posts, read 1,266,885 times
Quote:
converse on paper!!!!
Why do you want to kill more trees? We killed enough of them during the design and engineering process that ultimately brought everyone email.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:29 AM

thanks alaskapat!!!! and sorry zionvier....I'm not on the computer all that much or I'd love to.....that's why I had hoped to make a req. and perhaps find an interested person....If you actually go to penpal site on the web....they are really not for penpals...more like dates...mates...and much more...I just want "real" pen pal....sorry for the use of paper....don't have my very own computer at home.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:57 PM

2 posts, read 11,541 times
Default Alaskan Pen Pal Wanted

I am posting this request on behalf of my father . He doesnt own a pc . He is recently divorced and would love to visit alaska but he neither has the money nor the health . I am looking to fill one of his wishes . He is searching for a female over the age of 18 to send and receive letters and to talk with him via snail mail . If interested please email me at jlaudioman21@yahoo.com . So i can get to know you a little bit before giving you his address . Please , please someone accept this for me . It would make him very happy . Thank You .

Old 04-30-2009, 11:58 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,845,945 times
You need to check a lady out for your Dad? Just who is it thats looking for a lady pen pal? You or Dad?

Old 05-01-2009, 01:37 AM

3,774 posts, read 11,233,078 times
LOL, this sounds like a fishing expedition for a naive young woman. Women don't procure 18 year olds for their father.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:53 AM

2 posts, read 11,541 times
Im 25 and married with 2 kids . Im not looking for anyone for myself . I am a very serious person . What my post says is what i mean .

Old 02-28-2016, 09:49 PM

3 posts, read 4,826 times
Wink retired teacher

Quote:
I'd be willing to do the snail mail with you. Lived in Alaska for 10 years. Many stories to tell. If you want I could guide you through Alaska.
I'm a retired teacher-college level, currently freelancing with clients in Viet Nam, Taiwan, China and the Philipines. I offer one on one online teaching .from my computer.for distance study.
That's it for now. Don't know if this is legit so will wait for reply.
Richard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage