Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Architecture Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 07:20 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,236,693 times

Advertisements

We have begun painting our home and have decided to paint the bottom portion a yellow and have all decided that it is the right color for our 1920's bungalow. The thing we need for all of you is what color to paint the top portion of the house which is a shingle. My opinion is to paint the entire house yellow, but my wife wants it a green. We have painted some of the house the green so you can decide.
Attached Thumbnails
Need opinions on what color we should paint our home-img_1609.jpg   Need opinions on what color we should paint our home-img_1610.jpg   Need opinions on what color we should paint our home-img_1611.jpg   Need opinions on what color we should paint our home-img_1612.jpg   Need opinions on what color we should paint our home-img_1613.jpg  

Need opinions on what color we should paint our home-img_1615.jpg   Need opinions on what color we should paint our home-img_1616.jpg   Need opinions on what color we should paint our home-img_1618.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 09:57 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
You want to paint the shake parts green, right? Or not? I'd choose a nice green that is related to the yellow, which is a nice color. What color will the trim be? The same gray or white? And be sure to choose an accent color for the front door.

Very pretty house.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
You want to paint the shake parts green, right? Or not? I'd choose a nice green that is related to the yellow, which is a nice color. What color will the trim be? The same gray or white? And be sure to choose an accent color for the front door.

Very pretty house.
Thanks! The lighter green around the door and window is what my wife wants to paint the top half. Then trip with the dark Hampton Green. Green was what my wife wanted.

The color in the picture looks almost blue. It;s going to be a sage green, adark green and the doors will be a barn red.

I really liked that Vintage Yellow, but I think that since half the house is shake and the other is clapboard, and the way the 20s homes were painted , it will look good that way. I'll post some more when we are closer to the end.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Tell Sheena I'm sorry but I'm voting for to paint the entire house yellow.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:18 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,498,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Tell Sheena I'm sorry but I'm voting for to paint the entire house yellow.
No need to be sorry DewDrop, I'm leaning that way myself. It looked better in pictures than it does in person. Thanks for the input!

When I'm wrong I admit it....after a while.

Honestly, it's looking like a house sliced in half. And that vintage yellow looks so warm and inviting after the house spent years (before we bought it, and in Winter, when we couldn't pant) a dirty grayish white. People have been admiring it also.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:58 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,651,901 times
Cute house...

I vote paint the entire house yellow.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:49 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
I vote to paint the back of the house green, as it can't be seen from the front anyway! What law is there you need to have all sides of house painted the same color!!!

That's what I'm going to do with my next house, paint the back another color!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I vote to paint the back of the house green, as it can't be seen from the front anyway! What law is there you need to have all sides of house painted the same color!!!

That's what I'm going to do with my next house, paint the back another color!

Are you talking about the area near the garage?

Old 07-03-2013, 10:13 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,498,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Cute house...

I vote paint the entire house yellow.

You are right. I was wrong.

Joke "when a man gives his opinion in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?"

Answer - yes. - Except when he posts on City Data and many women are there to give their opinions.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:44 PM

803 posts, read 1,880,053 times
warren zee, id say paint the whole house yellow and im thinking...

the picture of your house that shows the flag, that space above it with the single window can be painted a sage green, as that color that compliments yellow lovely.

it will give the house depth, pop of color and a little different than the norm. but without being to color crazy as sage is almost a yellow greenish and again, would compliment the yellow beautifully. i can also see a kelly green for that area.

sheena12, i posted some links on the meaning behind colored doors thread. they may help u decide on different colors as well. goodluck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Architecture Forum